• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady press/parts availability?

I'm just getting back into shooting and considering getting into reloading as well for both cost and control reasons. I thought I had come to a decision to get the Hornady LNL AP as my press but it's currently backordered everywhere. In a search of the interwebz I found that this doesn't seem to be unusual for Hornady, not only for presses but also the parts for them and their bullets as well. Some people manage to get the press only to find they can't get the shellplate they need for another caliber etc.

Can anyone provide any insight on this? No blue vs red please, I am aware of the other options and am asking specifically about availability of Hornady accessories/presses/parts.

thanks,
Peter

Peter,

Welcome to the board.

I have had to wait a couple of days on parts but it was because of a backorder. If I want my parts NOW and am willing to buy direct from Hornady on some things the few extra bucks won't break the bank. Bass Pro has many shell plates and dies, at least they did last time I was there.

The free bullet program is contributing to the backorder issues. It sucks having to wait for the gear reguardless of maker but there is no reason to be hasty over a machine that will serve you and others long after you are gone.

BTW, what calibers will you be loading? I can possibly loan some if you get a LnL and are waiting for plates. From my experience, the wait is not long.

John

Last edited:
Shellplates, die bushings, etc can all be had on Amazon for fairly reasonable prices.
Presses seem to be tough to come by, but it comes in waves... when they're out EVERYONE is out. When they're in it's a rush to get them sold. At the time I purchased my LnL AP Cabela's Midway and Amazon were all the same price, so I hopped the amazon bus for free 2 day shipping and 0% financing. YMMV.

Last time I ordered parts directly from them it took 8 business days from call to mailbox.

I've had issues getting some Hornady BULLETS recently. An on-line order that I had in a holding pattern for four months got canceled by the vendor. So, I'm guessing that they were (and are) indeed BUSY.

(wow, type up a reply and hit "reply to thread" instead of "post quick reply")

Thanks for the offer John, much appreciated. I'll be loading mainly .40 SW but I'm also getting anxious about getting my AR10 our of hibernation so I'll be setting up for .308 Winchester as well. it's a bit of the cart before the horse because I'm still waiting on my cardkey for the new club and then have to take the range safety test before I can shoot but I tend to do a lot of research before spending my $$ and wanted to get things in order.

I gave Bass Pro a call and they only have the floor model, nothing in stock at the moment. I'll give Four Seasons a call tomorrow (they're closed on Mondays) and see who they carry, they don't seem to have any reloading info on their site other than "we have reloading stuff". I just wanted to get some first hand info on this stuff because I don't want to drop $400 on a press and then find out I can't get accessories/parts unless the planets are in a certain alignment or something...

(wow, type up a reply and hit "reply to thread" instead of "post quick reply")

Thanks for the offer John, much appreciated. I'll be loading mainly .40 SW but I'm also getting anxious about getting my AR10 our of hibernation so I'll be setting up for .308 Winchester as well. it's a bit of the cart before the horse because I'm still waiting on my cardkey for the new club and then have to take the range safety test before I can shoot but I tend to do a lot of research before spending my $$ and wanted to get things in order.

I gave Bass Pro a call and they only have the floor model, nothing in stock at the moment. I'll give Four Seasons a call tomorrow (they're closed on Mondays) and see who they carry, they don't seem to have any reloading info on their site other than "we have reloading stuff". I just wanted to get some first hand info on this stuff because I don't want to drop $400 on a press and then find out I can't get accessories/parts unless the planets are in a certain alignment or something...
A buddy of mine bought an LnL floor display. They will sell it. Jump on it if you want one NOW!

That's how I roll anyway. I'm willing to pay a little to have it in my hands ASAP.

My press cost me around $700 with casefeeder and dies/shellplate #1. The free 1,000 bullets knocked it down $230. DOn't know what they are offering now but the dies also come with free bullets.

Win/ win.

Back
Top Bottom