• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady LNL w/Lee Factory Crimp Die

Fixxah

NES Member
I've loaded a few 45 ACP rounds and then changed out seating die and put in Lee FCD. My question is, can I put FCD in station 5 and leave enough clearance from ejector wire to save time or do I have to do FCD as a seperate step? I just figured I would ask before I go and try it only to find out that I have to do it all over again. My plan is to load about 1.5K in next week or so.

When I use the Lee FCD, I just flip the wire up and remove each one by hand. Then I put the loaded round in a 100 round box, it takes a lot more time but I actally like doing that way.

I also have a Hornady crimp die, I use that when I'm in a hurry and know I'm not going to use them in a revolver.

I ground down all my FCD's so they'd clear the wire and use it on Number 5 so I can go from tumbler to ammo box in one operation.

Mark, have you tried leaving the FCD up above wire or does this not size enough of case to use in my 625 S&W. One operation is what my goal is.

lee fcd

my Lee FCD fits right in, no wire, and drops out as a completed round.

No hands required...

OH thats right i have a Dillon 650.

I know i'm gonna get beat up so go ahead.

JimB

Last edited:

No hands required...

JimB

Way to help the OP. [rolleyes]

Fixxah,
I have a modified Lee FCD die I can give you (it will crimp and clear the wire). I don't use Lee dies anymore, so I don't need it.

No hands required...

JimB

You can still get LNL if you look around, oh wait, that's what you have to do with 650 to see what you are doing.[kiss]

Back
Top Bottom