• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady Customer Service Rocks! They replaced my case tumbler!

So I purchased a Hornady Case Tumbler 1 1/2 years ago. Within that period, I've tumblied quite a bit of brass and eventually the electric motor crapped out. I never looked at the warranty, because I didn't think a warranty, now-a-days, would last much more than a few months, so tore into it, took out the electric motor and started looking for a replacement. I figured I could probably find a motor for about $20. During this time, I had a conversation with Don at State Line Gun Shop, he suggested I contact Hornady because he thought they had a 2 year warranty. I told him I had already started gutting it and they probably wouldn't honor it. I contacted Hornady, told them exactly what had happened and what I had done and they responded saying, "Send it back and we'll look at it. Well today, a brand new case tumbler arrived on my door step, FREE OF CHARGE! They even paid for the shipping! Pretty darn awesome in my book! I would have never thought they'd have come through like that. [smile]

I've been pretty pleased with their service as well. Glad to hear they helped you out like that.

Hornady takes good care of their customers and they have THE BEST voice mail system of any company I have ever dealt with.

i've got to admit, i drink the blue koolaid, but Hornady's LockNLoad powder measure is FAR superior to the dillon rig for extruded stick powders (for rifle reloading)

i was having issues with varying charge weights in my LnL (w/ a case activated linkage kit on a Dillon 550 and 650xl). i knew it was powder column weight causing the variations, as the older LnL measures didnt come with a powder baffle.

made a quick phone call to ask if they could sell me one, and before i'd even finished my sentence, he had my info up in the computers, and said "you oughta see it by the end of the week". no charge. no questions, no nothing. you cant ask for better than that.

i still love my Dillon presses (not replacing them anytime soon), but it's nice to know that excellent customer service is the norm at Hornady.

RCBS rebuilt my Pro Melt furnace and Dillon replaced the motor in my small case cleaner twice. All this was done free of charge. It's been my experience that companies that sell reloading equipment and supplies, take very good care of their customers. Most but not all firearm mfgs. do as well.

It seems this kind of service has become the standard in the reloading equipment market. If you don't have it, how can you compete? I do wonder what kind of effect it has on their bottom line though.

It seems this kind of service has become the standard in the reloading equipment market. If you don't have it, how can you compete? I do wonder what kind of effect it has on their bottom line though.

i'd imagine....not much.

they offer fantastic customer service...which makes people comfortable spending large amounts of money on their equipment. 99% of the time, its a small (IE, inexpensive) part that breaks or wears out. so they're out a few dollars worth of product / shipping, and in turn, their customers rave about their great experiences to anyone that'll listen.

either way, it seems to work out.

Broke a part on my Lyman 4500 lubricizer. Lyman pointed me to the place on their web site to BUY the replacement, and then tells me (when I contacted them to see where my order is) that they took 4 days to "notice" the order, and that they will ship it out NEXT WEEK.

Lyman is disappointing. Too bad, they are a Connecticut company, and I like to help local companies as much as possible. Next time, I'll buy the STAR lube machine.....

I will 2nd hornady. I called about getting a copy of the M1 garand load data in the 7th manual. I did nor want to buy another bbok just for 1.5 pages of info. They sent it out and it came today...whoohoo. Now I need to decide on a loader ?

Back
Top Bottom