• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor - WINTER FAILINGS! (Excitement/Primer thread)

How about eat some buffalo chicken or chili, then jump in cold water, run to pistol and rifle stages, then do the target shooting while wet. You then need to crawl back through dirt and mud under barbed wire with fires on either side, and then do the trap shooting at the start/finish line with a heavy pack and skis or snow shoes on, before being allowed in to warm up and change? Could throw some rounds of jumping jacks, squat thrusts, and other calisthenics in there for fun. Or even wear the snowshoes from pistol range to rifle range. Is this before Christmas? Maybe combine with a Toys for Tots donation?

Last edited:
As far as I know anybody with $50, who's free for the day of the event, and has a burning desire to strive for mediocrity.
Shooting, shirt, food.....the price isn't locked down, and we don't want to burn your wallets. Some folks aren't working, yet have a burning desire to act like an idiot, and we're here to encourage your mediocrity.

Pretty much. I think we may have to put an over all limit on this, but it promises to be a MUCH faster event to push that many more folks thru. And with the amount of shooting we anticipate, it'll be that much more fun for all. Sweetjeep and I are meeting up tomorrow for soup to go over some logistics, and hopefully get that much closer to finalizing a plan.

Remember, we limited the last one to 24 players because we weren't sure of all that could go wrong, right, "other", and we wanted to get a feel of how it would work out, plus we really needed the feedback from you all. All of that feedback was fantastice btw and is extremely encouraged. It can only help to make each successor that much better.

That being said about the initial 24 players, this one could possibly handle twice that, if not more. When it comes time to open it to you all, there will be a separate thread with rules, regs, markers, etc, similar to the first Hora Dolor. This new thread will include a "minimum" ammo count, minimum weight, OK ammo, not-OK ammo, etc. Yes, sweetjeep and I will make an honest run thru the course to validate the numbers and the time in order to get you the most shooting time possible. Besides, what the hell is the point of a shooting event....if you're not shooting.

Maybe we'll even get our overlord, Derek, to participate.....

Last edited:
I should have known Sarge would sign me up...WTF!....For the love of God can someone get the timekeeper something better than that POS alarm clock...Really now!

We're not taking reservations just yet. We'll do that when we are about a month out. This was to inform and warn folks that it's official and coming. A fair number of people had work conflicts last time so we are trying to get people warned as early as possible. As soon as Joe can confirm the date, we'll be ready to rock.

In a little bit I'll post the race order.

Do you have a projected month in which this awesome event will be held? Jan, Feb, etc? Just curious for planning (training?) purposes

Training? WTF. We don't need no stinkin' training!

[laugh2] MOAR BACON

250px-Magnus..png

This sounds like awesome fun, I'll shoot skeet and trap with my 870 express in .410, oughta be interesting. I'll even wear my portable mammogram costume! Gotta be something for the rifle portion though, 10 shots with a Savage 116 that only has a 4 round internal.... not so much.

If it was meant to be easy.... :) Personally, I SUCK at trap. I scream "THEY'RE COMING RIGHT FOR ME" and then shoot the box of clays.

I think it was someone on these forums with the signature that went "I don't know why they kicked me off the skeet range, I didn't miss a single clay!... maybe it was the color of the net I was using, or the maniacal laugh I gave as I shot them, execution style..."

Last edited:
Be a man.. run the bolt action! We had a couple guys running bolt guns last time.

This sounds like awesome fun, I'll shoot skeet and trap with my 870 express in .410, oughta be interesting. I'll even wear my portable mammogram costume! Gotta be something for the rifle portion though, 10 shots with a Savage 116 that only has a 4 round internal.... not so much.

I think it was someone on these forums with the signature that went "I don't know why they kicked me off the skeet range, I didn't miss a single clay!... maybe it was the color of the net I was using, or the maniacal laugh I gave as I shot them, execution style..."

heh heh. Thanks. Things are still on simmer. We are 99% ready for the next event. Working on the club to allow us one "special" target. The odds are low.. but not zero. Once that is approved or disapproved and we are told to shut up about it, the announcement will be made.

We also found out that starting to accept $ 2 months out was too long. So the date is settled (I don't recall what it is) but we'll be making the announcement in the not too distant future.

i know what the target is
[smile]

can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom