• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor - 4th time's the charm - September 7th.

Previous events there was indeed shooting at steel plate with shotguns. Most people chose slugs (bad choice in hindsight) :D

OK. I continue to have confusion then. From the following post, it sounds like we should bring birdshot only, no?

Shotguns? Run any variant of a bird gun you want. The targets will be 1 or 2 flying birds then you will have a "target rich environment" upon which to let the dogs eat.

OK. I continue to have confusion then. From the following post, it sounds like we should bring birdshot only, no?

the last event we shot from behind and inside of a car at a steel plate that was about 50ish yards away. it was suggested people used slugs but some used buckshot (including myself). no bird shot was used that day. I haven't been paying too much attention to the thread so I don't know if there is a course of fire. If by chance it is about the same as the last time you might be at a disadvantage if you use birdshot.

HD2, there was a trap stage where you had a chance to hit clay birds up to 10 times. If I recall - if you hit 3 you could stop. If not, you had to try all 10 and then stop.

I think sweetjeep is saying you will have to try to hit 2 clays and then there will be some other requirement with clays if you don't. This is where the "hour of pain" translation of hora dolor starts.......[smile]

Alrighty I think I have a grasp on it now. [laugh]

I'll bring birdshot, buckshot and slugs just to cover all angles.

When the official announcement with the course of fire comes out, it will (if past experience is any indication) include a minimum ammunition requirement for each weapon and any ammunition type restrictions/recommendations.

Last year that recommendation was to bring slugs or heavy buckshot for steel. The "sneak peak" we have seen in this thread suggests that it may also/instead call for bird shot for clays this year.

How is this run in terms of number of people shooting simultaneously, etc? Three of my friends are interested in running this, but I'm the only one that has everything needed (chest rig, MA compliant guns and mags, etc..). Does every individual need that stuff?

How is this run in terms of number of people shooting simultaneously, etc? Three of my friends are interested in running this, but I'm the only one that has everything needed (chest rig, MA compliant guns and mags, etc..). Does every individual need that stuff?

Previously, the teams of two were released to run the course, one team member shooting at a time with an RO/Safety person supervising.

ie: TeamHubbaBubba left the starting point, went to stage 1, one individual shoots, then the other individual shoots, clear and make safe the firearms, move to next stage, etc, etc, etc....

My team shared a shotgun and rifle at the last event, we each had our own pistols and it was fine.

Alrighty I think I have a grasp on it now. [laugh]

I'll bring birdshot, buckshot and slugs just to cover all angles.

Sweetjeep will post the course of fire (more or less) and expected round count. It has been different at each event. He tries to keep the exact course a secret until the event, but will recommend loadouts.

Oldwindways beat me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

If there is anything you need, post up. A lot of the guys have extra stuff they will lend out.

Hey guys.. sorry I have been so impossibly lazy..

Formal announcement made. I'll elaborate more soon (on the event, not on why I am so lazy).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, side note.

We're going to be up front on the course of fire this year. :)

Payment info and such is available. A FAQ and a detailed course of fire will follow.

Yes, a detailed course of fire. We're hoping to a) Attract some more people and b) simplify the instructions first thing in the morning. Most of us are unable to focus on a good day.

From the official thread:

You will need around 20 rounds of bird shot per teammate, around 50 rounds of rifle per teammate and around 30 rounds of pistol per teammate.

I'm going to assume this is PER ROUND? I think we ran it 2 or 3 times at the last one correct?

So total round count per TEAM would be: (assuming we run the course of fire 3 times)
120 rounds of birdshot
300 rounds for rifle
180 rounds of pistol

jCV: That will be per round. I am trying to make sure the course of fire is good enough that you are too abused to run again. ;)

45collector: That's true, however there is no need for the 00 buck. Pretty much anything "bird" is fine. But I am trying to ensure there will be a lot of it.

Is lead birdshot fine or does your club require nontoxic?

Unfortunately I am out. :( I still can't run, UGH! And I am going to volunteer at the Women on Target event at my club!

I hope dgrafton will run with the girl next time... :)

When the official announcement with the course of fire comes out, it will (if past experience is any indication) include a minimum ammunition requirement for each weapon and any ammunition type restrictions/recommendations.

Last year that recommendation was to bring slugs or heavy buckshot for steel. The "sneak peak" we have seen in this thread suggests that it may also/instead call for bird shot for clays this year.

It's out.

- - - Updated - - -

There will be ONE shooter per team, EXCEPT on the shot gun stage, where we'll allow 2. You can share all guns. As to the pack and stuff, does your buddy have a backpack? Then he's good to go.

Back
Top Bottom