• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hora Dolor - 4th time's the charm - September 7th.

Oh good. I was hoping this wasn't a Diva Dash. Doesn't sound like it is. [smile]

Oh and I'm glad to see it's in September and not mid-freaking Summer. I'd rather crawl through icy puddles in mid January than run a course in stifling-ass July.

It will be hot and they will make you suffer! See HD3 info here and here to give you a feel for the style and type of competition this is.

Well maybe I should wait until a cold weather one... so that I am in my element... and I will have seasonal beard... for extra tacticalness. [wink]

No, this isn't the announcement. This was a "save the date" card. A lot of people complain that they get too much heads up, not enough heads up, they forget, they remember to forget, they forgot they forgot.

I am too busy (lazy) at the moment to make the writeup and the actual announcement, but I wanted a good solid 2 month warning so people can work on their schedules and excuses.

Search this fine website for Hora Dolor and you'll find all the information, and more, that you need to know. This will be most similar to event #3.

Guns? Whatever you want. But you'll need a shotgun with bird, a rifle and a pistol.

Volume of fire? A lot. This is a shooters event. I haven't done the maths yet, but.. plan for.. in the teens for shotgun, as high as 100 rnds for the rifle and somewhere around.. 20 rnds for pistola. This is the required hits. Having hosted these events in the past... people suck and don't bring enough ammo. And then they are punished:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22UcO2_L_Q

For the record the victim in this video is the mighty Atilla.

No, this isn't the announcement. This was a "save the date" card. A lot of people complain that they get too much heads up, not enough heads up, they forget, they remember to forget, they forgot they forgot.

I am too busy (lazy) at the moment to make the writeup and the actual announcement, but I wanted a good solid 2 month warning so people can work on their schedules and excuses.

Search this fine website for Hora Dolor and you'll find all the information, and more, that you need to know. This will be most similar to event #3.

OK I must be completely retarded then because I still don't get it. [laugh]

Is Sept 7th going to be the actual date of the event?

or

Is Sept 7th the date you're going to announce the actual date of the event?

Either way, I would like IN ON THIS SHIT!!! [mg]

OK I must be completely retarded then because I still don't get it. [laugh]

Is Sept 7th going to be the actual date of the event?

or

Is Sept 7th the date you're going to announce the actual date of the event?

Either way, I would like IN ON THIS SHIT!!! [mg]

9/7 is the date of the event

i think it'll be edgeofcrimson and i doing this, he's been chomping at the bit to get back out and do more silly shit since the excrutiathalon.

i think it'll be edgeofcrimson and i doing this, he's been chomping at the bit to get back out and do more silly shit since the excrutiathalon.

what about roland?!

my partner is OUT this year as he's at vet school in St Kitts, may be talking to his little bro.
I am running this no matter what.

so for now RIP 2Guys1Clip

I have ZERO tactical-type gear so I have to go buy some operator-ass chest rigs and stuff right?

i've got the chest rig i've been whoring for the past few years. joe is wearing it in the video morgan posted above.

holds 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags with a velcro pouch behind the front of it where you can stuff shells or more mags.

what about roland?!

my partner is OUT this year as he's at vet school in St Kitts, may be talking to his little bro.
I am running this no matter what.

so for now RIP 2Guys1Clip
Its cool. We have an open relationship

i've got the chest rig i've been whoring for the past few years. joe is wearing it in the video morgan posted above.

holds 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags with a velcro pouch behind the front of it where you can stuff shells or more mags.

That would be great if you don't mind me borrowing it for the event. I really should just buy myself something like this though...

I bought a cheap disposable $35 condor chest rig from an army navy store.

Since I plan on doing the Excruciathlon again next year and will most likely do more events like this in the future.

Its cool. We have an open relationship

[rofl] crimson just got to me first. we can all run with our hands in each others' pockets though. that would be legit.

That would be great if you don't mind me borrowing it for the event. I really should just buy myself something like this though...

no prob. remind me when the event gets closer and i'll be sure to set it aside for you.

[rofl]

no prob. remind me when the event gets closer and i'll be sure to set it aside for you.

Werd. Next time I'm in Hyannis I'll hit Mass Bay and see if I can find something I'd use for all these types of events anyhow. That way I can customize it to my liking and put really lame operator patches and stuff on it. Maybe a My Little Pony sticker. A Care Bears pin. The possibilities are endless.

Werd. Next time I'm in Hyannis I'll hit Mass Bay and see if I can find something I'd use for all these types of events anyhow. That way I can customize it to my liking and put really lame operator patches and stuff on it. Maybe a My Little Pony sticker. A Care Bears pin. The possibilities are endless.

i have a cupcake one.

[rofl] crimson just got to me first. we can all run with our hands in each others' pockets though. that would be legit.

dug out my running shoes, and athletic gear... I will be in better shape for this event, haha.

I'm going to be buying plates for the carrier soon...so...yeah yay
and maybe some tacos.....yumm I need tacos.
Cleaning out that mag pouch monstrosity I bought from Atilla was....a pain, all that mud.... still finding mud in random places.

I'm going to be buying plates for the carrier soon...so...yeah yay
and maybe some tacos.....yumm I need tacos.
Cleaning out that mag pouch monstrosity I bought from Atilla was....a pain, all that mud.... still finding mud in random places.

After running the last comp with a plate ......
I realized I'm not as fit as I could be. Also only having one in the front made it feel like I was falling forwards .

Back
Top Bottom