• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hopping and Bogastow Brooks in Holliston

admcd

NES Member
I was looking on Mass.gov/trout and noticed that Hopping and Bogastow Brooks are stocked with trout, but I've looked the length of them and cannot find any public access to them that doesn't involve trespassing on powerline right of ways. In driving around, they all seem to be posted "No Trespassing."

Has anyone ever fished them? Mind sharing how you got access either here or via PM?

Thanks.

I live on the Boggastow Brook in Millis across From Oak Grove Farm. I fish it weekly. Let me know if you are ever in the area.
Will

I live on the Boggastow Brook in Millis across From Oak Grove Farm. I fish it weekly. Let me know if you are ever in the area.
Will
Thanks! We're moving to Holliston in a couple weeks and I'm trying to scout spots before I move.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Welcome! been in town since 03. Feel free to PM with town questions

I've been eying Boggastow myself, it seems to run through the crappiest swampiest areas in town. I guess I'd fish it where it crosses roads.
There's a smidge of town owned land, the "Littlefield Parcel" that it runs though as well. that's over by Bullard Street.
I thought of picking it up by Woodland Street, by the 8 arch bridge (the rail trail runs over it.) I dont know what it's like back there but it looks swampy as hell. Factory pond is on the other side of the road there too with some bass action if that's your thing. You may be able to park in St. Mary's cemetery, the brook runs right by that too.

I actually was introduced to the guy that stocks Boggastow a few years back, an old timer. I asked where do they stock it (I guess I got too excited, [laugh]) he clammed up and I had to rephrase the question as : If I were to fish Boggastow, where is my best chance of catching trout? He told me below Lowland Street. Which doesnt narrow things down too much, but that's probably where they dump them in.

I read something once about trout in chicken brook, I cant find the exact story now, but it was in the context of an Eagle Scout project in town.

I wasnt aware Hopping brook was stocked too, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the welcome to the town! We're excited to be moving in. The house is close to Lake Winthrop, so lots of outdoor recreation options. If only I could find a place that'd let me hunt on their land...

Welcome! been in town since 03. Feel free to PM with town questions

I've been eying Boggastow myself, it seems to run through the crappiest swampiest areas in town. I guess I'd fish it where it crosses roads.
There's a smidge of town owned land, the "Littlefield Parcel" that it runs though as well. that's over by Bullard Street.
I thought of picking it up by Woodland Street, by the 8 arch bridge (the rail trail runs over it.) I dont know what it's like back there but it looks swampy as hell. Factory pond is on the other side of the road there too with some bass action if that's your thing. You may be able to park in St. Mary's cemetery, the brook runs right by that too.

I actually was introduced to the guy that stocks Boggastow a few years back, an old timer. I asked where do they stock it (I guess I got too excited, [laugh]) he clammed up and I had to rephrase the question as : If I were to fish Boggastow, where is my best chance of catching trout? He told me below Lowland Street. Which doesnt narrow things down too much, but that's probably where they dump them in.

I read something once about trout in chicken brook, I cant find the exact story now, but it was in the context of an Eagle Scout project in town.

I wasnt aware Hopping brook was stocked too, I'll have to check it out.

When I go for trout, I bring my fly rig which comes complete with waders and boots, so swampy isn't an issue for me until I fall and drown. Then it's a big issue!

It looks like both Hopping and Boggastow got stocked with Brownies on 4/10 per mass.gov/trout. I wonder if it gets hit heavily. I bet yes, but not as bad as other streams.

Let me know what you find for access to Hopping. Interested in giving them both a shot!

Thanks for the welcome to the town! We're excited to be moving in. The house is close to Lake Winthrop, so lots of outdoor recreation options. If only I could find a place that'd let me hunt on their land...

When I go for trout, I bring my fly rig which comes complete with waders and boots, so swampy isn't an issue for me until I fall and drown. Then it's a big issue!

It looks like both Hopping and Boggastow got stocked with Brownies on 4/10 per mass.gov/trout. I wonder if it gets hit heavily. I bet yes, but not as bad as other streams.

Let me know what you find for access to Hopping. Interested in giving them both a shot!

I'm close to Lake Winthrop too, make sure you dont eat anything but there's some nice bass in there.

Looking at the map, the rail trail comes close to hopping brook, and there's an industrial park nearby too..might get some access through there.

Thanks again, guys. I move in week from Wednesday and will be taking time off. Hopefully we have nice weather that week so I can take a break one of the days and go fishing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom