• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hoppe Bore Snake - color vs caliber?

rep308

NES Member
Does anyone have a listing of the color of the bore snake vs the caliber of the gun it is for? I love these things and have a number of them, but I think I have my 50 cal black power snake mis-marked. The Hoppe web site justs list the part number by caliber.

I don't have a listing, but by Hoppe bore snakes have caliber pressed into the brass weight at the end of the pull string.

Yea, the caliber is there, but they are not always easy to read. I'd be REAL hard pressed to tell you which one says 20 and which one says 50 (ie 20 Gauge and 50 cal)

My 50 cal is charcoal and light steel blue.

I keep mine in little ziplock baggies with the caliber marked on the bag with a sharpie.

Yea, the caliber is there, but they are not always easy to read. I'd be REAL hard pressed to tell you which one says 20 and which one says 50 (ie 20 Gauge and 50 cal)

My 50 cal is charcoal and light steel blue.

I keep mine in little ziplock baggies with the caliber marked on the bag with a sharpie.

Damn, I had to break out the reading glasses but the brass ends are stamped with the caliber. I too have them stuffed in baggies with big labels but I got some mixed up. I was using a 28 gauge shotgun for my 50 cal black powder. Thanks for the tip about the brass stamping.

Back
Top Bottom