Hope you don't need anything at Stop & Shop

bottle-cap

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pembroke has 2 stop n shops. You can smell the seafood counters at the back of the stores almost as soon as you walk in the front door. Smells like rotting fish in the summer sun.​

Lone Wolf McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to go through the Picket Line today at the Wareham S&S to go into the Citizens Bank inside. The picketers started yelling at me not to cross the line and I needed to support them.

I stopped and in a loud voice said FU you ignorant SOBs I'm going to Citizens Bank why the F do you want to disrupt the banks buisness. Conducted my buisness and walked out to be harassed again. Once again told them to Go F themselves.

I do understand they everyone has the right to do their thing, but when they are inconsiderate of other busssennes they should be ashamed of themselves.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I was in for some crackers before heading north just before the punch out in Bedford. I was not effected and only use them like toilet paper anyway.
That said I would not have crossed their line out of respect. MB meat is a grade above dog food.
Shaw’s sucks even worse.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Market Bucket in Ashland (Framingham) is a third world shithole. I tried to shop there some time ago. I abandoned a half full cart of groceries mid store. I will never subject myself to that again. I tried to ask an employee where an item could be found, and "no hablo inglés". I'll stop right here.

thorin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I live in far Western MA, grocery stores have been closing like crazy. Its a different world out here. If a decent grocery store who knew how to manage opened they'd take the place over. See Market 32 in Pittsfield, they are killing it.

One thing I don't understand about S&S. And I worked in a grocery store as a teen. Every single customer has to go through the front end (Unless they are stealing). Why are there only a couple of cashiers & no baggers? There are plenty of employees in other areas. I'm not going to pay whole foods prices and do all the work of ringing up and bagging my own stuff, getting stuff rung up for the wrong price with no one to help me. And the people who work at S&S are so unhappy. There is a serious management problem at S&S. Unfortunately the workers are paying the price for the terrible management.

They used to make takeaway sandwiches & lunches at S&S. Nothing special but they were OK. Then they dropped any hot food other than gross chicken and onion rings, and stopped having fresh sandwiches to import pre-made sandwiches from somewhere else. The lunch deli counter is deserted. They saved a nickel and lost a dollar, it is a management problem and S&S is going to fail. I feel bad for the workers.

The meat market was better than Big Y but I have a great butcher closer so nuts to S&S.

JRLB

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate MB. I used to go to the one in Littleton for lunch, but the quality of the prepared food is dogsh!t.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Drove by on way home, saw a bunch of people holding signs & store looked closed so went to Target next door to get yogurt, bread, milk. S&S is my least favorite but it’s also closest and on way home so I stop when I need certain things in the fly. Big Y is my usual, then Shaw’s. Wegmans my favorite but it’s far, any chance I get I go. Wegs is like an adult food store. Not a huge fan of MB but also none are convenient to me so don’t go often at all.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I really hate MB. I used to go to the one in Littleton for lunch, but the quality of the prepared food is dogsh!t.
I bought a premade once from Westford when the wife was away. It looked great. Tasted like shit.
Drank beer and ate chips that night.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
We cross picket lines because too many unions are a thieving additional layer of management that gets theirs while treating the membership as expendable pawns in their extortion racket.

The union is all to often perfectly happy to prison rape American workers out of their jobs as long as the leadership gets theirs.

I've been screwed by multiple unions. The bosses can go die in a fire.

Last edited:

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don’t know why so many people on this site would cross a picket line. Stop n shop is owned by a company from Europe and could give two f***s about the American workers or its customers. I support all American workers especially One who stick together. No more Stop n Shop for me
The workers can go elsewhere and do better then

nhams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don’t know why so many people on this site would cross a picket line. Stop n shop is owned by a company from Europe and could give two f***s about the American workers or its customers. I support all American workers especially One who stick together. No more Stop n Shop for me
The Stop and Shop union, UFCW, is in the tank for the democrat party, and contributes to all sorts of democrat causes. Unfortunately, when the union is so political, rather than just looking out for its workers, I have a hard time supporting them.

Plus, my local Stop and Shop is dump. And prices of many items are even more expensive than Whole Foods.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I remember when we were going to vote on a strike in 1981 the trucks brought loads of plywood to board up the store in Norwood if it happened.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Stop and Shop is where they still have most of my favorite junk foods. Table Talk pies, Peggy Lawton cookies, unfrosted cinnamon pop tarts. I need
to stay away from there at all costs anyway...

johnnymac101

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I ordered a cake from the bakery a few days ago for a school event... went to pick it up today... nope! No cake made at all

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idg the Stop and Shop hate, it's not my favorite grocery store, but it's not my least favorite either. I'd rather go get food at S&S than deal with the Cox suckers who set up their tables at both entrances and back by electronics whilst trying to navigate my way around the limping White trash and screaming Hispanic children.

Prices at S&S, so long as you actually buy what's on sale are fine, better than Target or Walmart. The store in Bellingham still looks like brand new, the one in North Smithfield... not so much.

I wouldn't be so quick to say, "BOO Stop n Shop sucks, they should have gone under years ago!" because the less competition you have, the worse off you are. Walmart and Target have made huge pushes into groceries the past decade and Bezos and his billions buying Whole Foods is a major move in the industry and the guy hasn't made a bad move yet, so the S&S employees, especially the ones with the most seniority, had better realize that they stand a good chance of never getting that back if things don't get worked out.

I don't want to be stuck with the screaming crack babies at Walmart and I have made it my mission in life to give as little money as possible to Jeff Bezos.

MachineHead

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The Market Bucket in Ashland (Framingham) is a third world shithole. I tried to shop there some time ago. I abandoned a half full cart of groceries mid store. I will never subject myself to that again. I tried to ask an employee where an item could be found, and "no hablo inglés". I'll stop right here.
Sounds like your experience could’ve also been here:

View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216900084629941&id=1099852004&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FCarlosRDuran%2Fvideos%2F10216900084629941%2F&_rdr

Broccoli Bite Boricuas Square Off With Pajama Pandejas In Lawrence Market Basket In Front Of Small Children Presumably Over Who Stole Whose Food Stamps

BrianWilson

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Self awareness is a funny thing and difficult to grasp, but there is a more than a few people working at the local S&S who more than likely would have considerable difficulty finding and holding onto any other work.

I also wonder if the folks in P-town and Truro are looking into an air drop.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I get too overwhelmed in Wegmans. Seems like high quality stuff but just can't deal with the crowds and the layout of the store.
I think their layout helps with the crowd some, compared to say market basket which I'd rate 2nd, the meat and produce is night and day to stop n shop though

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pembroke has 2 stop n shops. You can smell the seafood counters at the back of the stores almost as soon as you walk in the front door. Smells like rotting fish in the summer sun.​
so, they have a Sushi bar, you say?

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am hoping ALL the Stop & Shops turn into Market Baskets! [thumbsup]
in andover a few years ago, stop and shop bought the whole strip mall, and come lease time, they threw out a MB and put in a stop and shop. i cried.

Top Bottom