• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hooray for Holyoke drive by and....

.... For living up to its reputation

love working in this area as well!

http://wwlp.com/2016/02/03/holyoke-man-shot-in-leg-in-drive-by-shooting

HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – Holyoke Police are looking for a black Honda after several shots were fired out of the car’s window, hitting one of two brothers walking on High Street Wednesday night.“We got a 911 call from the victim’s brother,” Holyoke Police Lt. Isaias Cruz told 22News. “It was a drive-by shooting.”
The victim suffered a bullet wound to his leg in the shooting that took place as the suspect’s vehicle drove by 736 High Street at 5:08 p.m. Wednesday. “He’s expected to be OK,” Lt. Cruz said.
The victim, described as a Holyoke man in his 20’s, was taken to Baystate Medical Center for treatment. Lt Cruz said police recovered several shell casings.
While police were investigating, they discovered a three-year-old warrant for the victim’s 26-year-old brother, the man who had called 911. He was arrested and processed at Holyoke Police Headquarters, and held on $800 bail. Lt. Cruz said the warrant was for traffic violations and had nothing to do with the shooting.
Lt. Cruz said it appeared the victim and his brother had been targeted. “This is a high crime area… a lot of drugs and gang members,” Cruz told 22News.
If any members of the public have information that could help Police find the shooter, you’re asked to call Holyoke Police

Last edited:
Ive never been to Holyoke... until my fuel pump went on my F150 while coming back from hunting in the Berkshires. And I'm never planning on going back. Its a place that appears to have been forgotten. Or left their own devices
“This is a high crime area… a lot of drugs and gang members,”
duly noted

Lol I hate that place just a miserable experience going there. Worked in several of the projects there never realized how bad it was but holy hell it's bad.

I used to go to the Y in holyoke as I lived in South Hadley for a year. Didnt spend too much extra time there. A friend of mine was a cop there... drew his gun his first shift.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Stay the hell away from there. Route 202 cuts right through the real bad section of Holyoke. My wife and I used to take that route to the Holyoke Mall until she said "what if we break down here?" I was always carrying but she said they would just laugh at me if I had to draw my weapon. And six others would just shoot me in the back with theirs. Needless to say we don't go that way anymore.

Growing up as a kid in Holyoke was a great experience, not these days. City had a lot of activities for us, sports, 3 or 4 swimming pools, 4-5 movie theaters, dances, Mountain Park, lots of good things. Thursday night down town shopping, people everywhere. Just memories now, pretty sad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom