• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hooksett Bass Pro grand opening today

whacko

NES Member
Went to the grand opening today up in Hooksett. The boy is on school vacation and took a day off to spend some time with him. Here was my experience anyway:

1. BIG line waiting to get in.....they were giving out gift certificates from "5 to 100 dollars" so lots of folks got there early. We got a 10 dollar one and a 5. Paid for gas I guess.

2. Went right to the ammo aisle like everyone else to check what they had. In the aisle they had a decent selection of 50 round and 100 round boxes of 22lr. As I was reading the sign on the "limits" I was talking with my wife trying to decide Basspros definition of "Bulk" box because the limit was posted as "22lr bulk boxes limit one per guest". I didn't see any bulk packs so as I was trying to decide if we could get more than one of the 100 round packs (was talking out loud with my wife) some turd in a ratty cammo jacket looks right at me and actually yelled sternly......"THE LIMIT IS ONE BOX PER PERSON PERIOD". Well by the look of the ratty jacket I deciphered the turd did not work there and gave him the "back off dude" look and he walked away. DOn't know why people get in others business like that. ANyway......once I found a clerk in very short time he explained that basspro considers a 100 round box and above bulk but there was a short line in the corner for the actual bulk packs.....they had 500 round fed champion, 325 federal copper plated, 500 round blazer, and 333 Winchester white box. So.......quick 10 minute wait and the wife and I got out with 2 each 500 round federal champion. Score as far as I'm concerned at 23 bucks a box (4 and a half cents a round).

3. Store seems much smaller than Foxboro......no shooting gallery.....smaller tank......but the atmosphere is just as nice.

4. Found an xtra full choke for the 20 gage as the wife wants to try her hand at turkey this year.......found a hammer extension for my boys henry lever gun........some 357 mag Remington and some 38 spec Remington at a decent price .......21 bucks and 29 bucks.

5. All in all a good store and glad to have one 40 minutes away rather than taking the hike to Foxboro.

6. last but not least.......to turd man if you are on NES.......chill the hell out and MYOB next time......its just ammo dude.

Peace out!

Last edited:
I just got back myself. All they had left for bulk .22 was Federal AutoMatch 325 count. The wife and I grabbed one each along with some cleaning supplies I needed and other sundries.

I managed to pick up some of the federal .22lr bricks. Brought some of my buddies and now we can all go plinking for cheap(er) again! I would say that for a grand opening, the sales were lacking.

Went to the grand opening today up in Hooksett. The boy is on school vacation and took a day off to spend some time with him. Here was my experience anyway:

1. BIG line waiting to get in.....they were giving out gift certificates from "5 to 100 dollars" so lots of folks got there early. We got a 10 dollar one and a 5. Paid for gas I guess.

2. Went right to the ammo aisle like everyone else to check what they had. In the aisle they had a decent selection of 50 round and 100 round boxes of 22lr. As I was reading the sign on the "limits" I was talking with my wife trying to decide Basspros definition of "Bulk" box because the limit was posted as "22lr bulk boxes limit one per guest". I didn't see any bulk packs so as I was trying to decide if we could get more than one of the 100 round packs (was talking out loud with my wife) some turd in a ratty cammo jacket looks right at me and actually yelled sternly......"THE LIMIT IS ONE BOX PER PERSON PERIOD". Well by the look of the ratty jacket I deciphered the turd did not work there and gave him the "back off dude" look and he walked away. DOn't know why people get in others business like that. ANyway......once I found a clerk in very short time he explained that basspro considers a 100 round box and above bulk but there was a short line in the corner for the actual bulk packs.....they had 500 round fed champion, 325 federal copper plated, 500 round blazer, and 333 Winchester white box. So.......quick 10 minute wait and the wife and I got out with 2 each 500 round federal champion. Score as far as I'm concerned at 23 bucks a box (4 and a half cents a round).

3. Store seems much smaller than Foxboro......no shooting gallery.....smaller tank......but the atmosphere is just as nice.

4. Found an xtra full choke for the 20 gage as the wife wants to try her hand at turkey this year.......found a hammer extension for my boys henry lever gun........some 357 mag Remington and some 38 spec Remington at a decent price .......21 bucks and 29 bucks.

5. All in all a good store and glad to have one 40 minutes away rather than taking the hike to Foxboro.

6. last but not least.......to turd man if you are on NES.......chill the hell out and MYOB next time......its just ammo dude.

Peace out!

It's just ammo dude

Also don't diss my favorite jacket, I didn't make fun if the metro crap you were wearing.

You're lucky I didnt alpha you right there and steal your woman and your ammo.

It's just ammo dude

Also don't diss my favorite jacket, I didn't make fun if the metro crap you were wearing.

You're lucky I didnt alpha you right there and steal your woman and your ammo.
[rofl] hey you have the wrong guy I dont wear metro....read my post again i bought a box of 357 magnum.........not 380 auto or 9mm.......try again [rofl]i

Last edited:
[rofl] hey you have the wrong guy I dont wear metro....read my post again i bought a box of 357 magnum.........not 380 auto or 9mm.......try again [rofl]i

What were they charging for 357 magnum? Hopefully not more than $25-$26 as that's what SO is charging last time I was up there.

EDIT: Just read the Bass Pro thread and saw you reported the prices at $29 per box. I'll have to swing by on my way home from VT this morning. Going to hit up Riley's and SO as well.

Last edited:
What were they charging for 357 magnum? Hopefully not more than $25-$26 as that's what SO is charging last time I was up there.

EDIT: Just read the Bass Pro thread and saw you reported the prices at $29 per box. I'll have to swing by on my way home from VT this morning. Going to hit up Riley's and SO as well.

The only real "deal" I saw at Basspro was the 22 bulk ammo........and that was more just because they actually had some. I did not check the gun prices because I know they are all overpriced ad BPS so I don't even bother.

I went by shooters yesterday on the way home......slim pickins on 357 mag........only some defense carry loads. But 38 spec 250 round bonus packs were there

I figured that on Grand Opening Day/Week/Weekend it will be full retard with lines,etc. My boy & I will check it out this coming week - he is on school vacation, and I feel a sprain coming on for a rare mid-week day off...

Shooters had a few mosins in the rack still covered in cosmoline.....$144 but I don't know what to look for in a mosin......willhave to do more research before really starting to look for one.

I figured that on Grand Opening Day/Week/Weekend it will be full retard with lines,etc. My boy & I will check it out this coming week - he is on school vacation, and I feel a sprain coming on for a rare mid-week day off...

Actually my father and I went up this morning, and there were about 300 people in line to get in before they opened; once inside it really wasn't that crowded. The ammo isle was but the rest of the store wasn't bad. Oh and 1 box limit on 22lr, 2 box limit on pistol calibers, i don't remember what they limit was on rifle & shotgun but they had just about everything. There was a line at the gun counter but we just walked down to the far end and someone came right over to use to help.

Back
Top Bottom