Honest question...not a troll I promise

John42056

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here watching this debacle of a debate with my wife and I said, if one of these less than wingbat Democrats came out and said they were pro 2A (like really pro 2A, no AWB, no “lists” etc), they would win in a landslide. I feel like a large number of republicans vote based mainly on 2A. Maybe I’m short sighted because I spend a lot of time on a pro 2A forum. I’m not an overly political person, so am I wrong?

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Sitting here watching this debacle of a debate with my wife and I said, if one of these less than wingbat Democrats came out and said they were pro 2A (like really pro 2A, no AWB, no “lists” etc), they would win in a landslide. I feel like a large number of republicans vote based mainly on 2A. Maybe I’m short sighted because I spend a lot of time on a pro 2A forum. I’m not an overly political person, so am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong because by saying they are pro 2A, they would lose the nomination.

Why do you think they all keep promising more spending, more junk? It is because they are all being pulled to the left. Their voters want to hear about free junk and saving the world.from pollution.

You will see. Whoever is nominated will move towards the middle fast. They cant win again Trump being so far left.

Now, if the nominated person says he/she is Pro 2A ... I dont think it would make a difference.

sweetride

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Far too many claim to be pro 2A and "I'm a gun owner too" and once they're in office they then claim that just want "reasonable" confiscation by force or murder. Somehow with all the lies Trump has spewed and as bad as he has been and will continue to be for all of us, he is going to win by a mile. You cannot demand open borders and claim that everything should be free for anyone who has the ability to stick a toe on US soil and win. I have friends that are very far left and even they think that is insane and somehow that is just the entry point for the Dem nomination now

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I disagree.

I think many, many republicans couldn't give a shit less about 2A. If they even know what it means, they don't feel it as deeply as NES does. They accept a watered-down version, and feel it's not absolute. Remember, the GOP is PACKED with "law-and-order" types who are absolute statists. Republicans created the modern surveillance state.

I think you're on too many gun forums, OP.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So did Trump and other than appointing SC Justices that are pro 2A (and that is not why he appointed them), he has done nothing for us.
The nominations of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are probably going to have a conservative impact on American law for the next 20+ years. The potential liberal picks for SCOTUS that Hillary would've nominated would've lost the current conservative majority on the SCOTUS bench and pushed the court to the progressive left.

That is enough reason to vote for Trump as a 2A-supporter.

Would never trust a Dem who claimed to be pro 2A. I dont even trust Republicans when they say it. The 2A is a direct threat to the government, as it was always intended to be. Any politician who claims to be pro 2A is lying.
Two thoughts on this:

1) To paraphrase Margaret Thatcher, if you have to claim you are something, you aren't what you claim to be; and
2) State pols are more accountable to their constituents than Federal pols, so I'm more inclined to give state pols credit if they claim to be pro-2A and have the support of known 2A activists or supporters

John42056

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to be clear, I am not a Democrat by any means. I’m also not a Trump trumpeter. I hated that out of the millions of people in this country I had to choose between Hillary or Trump to lead our country. I get why good people don’t want to run, because everyone else will do their best to drag you through the mud.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Good people don't want to run because ultimately you need some insane amount of narcissism, delusion of grandeur, god complex, etc, to want the job.

I'd vote for a moderate democrat against our current incumbent if I had some magic way to tell they were authentic in their positions, but I don't and they can't be trusted. I do know FEDSOC is advising on republican SCOTUS picks. While many are far from perfect, it beats what we'd get from the "wingbats." That said, still voting libertarian on principle. This aint a swing state.

John42056

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good people don't want to run because ultimately you need some insane amount of narcissism, delusion of grandeur, god complex, etc, to want the job.

I'd vote for a moderate democrat against our current incumbent if I had some magic way to tell they were authentic in their positions, but I don't and they can't be trusted. I do know FEDSOC is advising on republican SCOTUS picks. While many are far from perfect, it beats what we'd get from the "wingbats." That said, still voting libertarian on principle. This aint a swing state.
This might be where I’m at. Not in a swing state either, so I can vote for the candidate that most represents my views. Unfortunately neither of the two party candidates fulfill that roll. Why can’t people just own what they want to own, protect themselves and their loved ones as they see fit, love who they want to love and pay for their own shit?

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
And to be clear, I am not a Democrat by any means. I’m also not a Trump trumpeter. I hated that out of the millions of people in this country I had to choose between Hillary or Trump to lead our country. I get why good people don’t want to run, because everyone else will do their best to drag you through the mud.
Good people cant run. To be a big shot politician you have to be a scumbag. You have to be willing to say one thing today, another tomorrow and do something completely different the day after tomorrow.

If you are good and you care, you get destroyed or you cant make it past some local town office.

And assuming you are such a good liar that you manage to fool everyone for years, you get elected several times, you dont become corrupt and eventually you make it to the White House with the end goal of truly making this country great, politicians will stop you.

Also, keep in mind people are stupid. They dont want you to get on a stage and say what good for the country. They want you to say what theu feel is good for their pockets next week.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
2) State pols are more accountable to their constituents than Federal pols, so I'm more inclined to give state pols credit if they claim to be pro-2A and have the support of known 2A activists or supporters
It seems like the last handful of years have been nothing too much happening at the federal level and everything happening at the state level as far as gun control goes.

paracarry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I only vote for pro 2A candidates, the reason is simple and maybe narrow minded, I am 62 and have watched this country go down the crapper. When they go into office they take an oath to uphold the constitution and it's amendments. When they try to against 2A shouldn't they be given the boot. In my mind 90% of politicians are useless anyway. I am glad I am on the latter part of my life, can't imagine how this country will be in 20 years.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So did Trump and other than appointing SC Justices that are pro 2A (and that is not why he appointed them), he has done nothing for us.
What else do you think a POTUS can do other than nominating judges? I do have days when I have my doubts about Trump, pontificating at an NRA convention one day and the next he's ready to be a gun banner. Right now it's the best we can do.

But let me throw something back at you. What exactly is a Pro 2A politician? Is it that he/she votes no when a liberal proposes another of their cock-eyed gun control proposals? Making a state constitutional carry? It seems to me that some states have really good pro 2A politicians while the majority do not.

NHKevin

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What else do you think a POTUS can do other than nominating judges? I do have days when I have my doubts about Trump, pontificating at an NRA convention one day and the next he's ready to be a gun banner. Right now it's the best we can do.

But let me throw something back at you. What exactly is a Pro 2A politician? Is it that he/she votes no when a liberal proposes another of their cock-eyed gun control proposals? Making a state constitutional carry? It seems to me that some states have really good pro 2A politicians while the majority do not.
What's a pro 2a politician look like? Rand Paul comes to mind.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
SCOTUS is why I voted for Trump (not that my vote matters in MA, I'm very much aware, but still), and SCOTUS is why I'll vote for him again. As I've said from the day he got inaugurated, anything and everything else we get out of him is icing. SCOTUS is the cake. One more nomination in a second Trump term would leave me a lot more hopeful about the next few decades.

It's a sad day when you have to put your faith in the courts and the "good kind" of federal judges, but elected officials aren't getting it done these last few decades. Not on 2A, anyway.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SCOTUS is why I voted for Trump (not that my vote matters in MA, I'm very much aware, but still), and SCOTUS is why I'll vote for him again. As I've said from the day he got inaugurated, anything and everything else we get out of him is icing. SCOTUS is the cake. One more nomination in a second Trump term would leave me a lot more hopeful about the next few decades.

It's a sad day when you have to put your faith in the courts and the "good kind" of federal judges, but elected officials aren't getting it done these last few decades. Not on 2A, anyway.
I considered my vote for Trump in 2016 as playing the long game. There were 2 issues for me, the replacement for Scalia and the fact that in 2016 there were a record number of federal judges who retired from the bench or open vacancies. The number of retirements was the second largest in US history so I knew that liberals wanted this very badly knowing they could swing the courts hard left for decades. In many respects Trump was spot on in 2016 when he said that a vote for Hillary was the complete destruction of 2A.

The way I see it is the blue states partner with Bloomberg and his gang of merry idiots to get new gun laws like red flag laws passed in the low hanging fruit states like MA where it's easily passed and signed into law. Then they know there will be a legal challenge. If you have judges that think that a peasant with a gun is evil then this particular right is in jeopardy. If Bloomberg and Co know that the judge will actually think about the case and determine the law on the merits then they know their schemes are in jeopardy. So to win at gun control requires 2 things, places (always democrat strongholds) where they can easily pass new laws/requirements and a pliable court who are willing to ignore the merits of a case and rule strictly on something as social policy rather than legal or human rights. If we deny Bloomberg the pliable judges he needs then it's very likely that madness can be slowed down at least for now. The only way to deny Bloomberg a victory is to keep churning the blue judges out of the courts with red ones. Hence Trump.

Jason m

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I will vote for the first president, R or D that will abolish the current system and says he will will only live by Article 1 section 8, the 18 enumerated powers of the Federal Government.

Till then I will vote for the current party that kinda represents me on the 2nd, sucks we have to live like that but its the world we are in.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are spending your time watching useless television, OP. Do yourself a favor and test the current temperature yourself. On all of these gun forums you participate on you will have "hunters", "sensible gun control freaks" and those who got themselves a gun just because. Get out of your closet and tell them that you have a gun to defend yourself from the government. Watch what will happen!

We are living in strange times in which absolute majority of citizens WANT GOVERNMENTS to take care of them. This is not only here and this has nothing to do with political parties. Individuals are not trusted anymore, while masses asking for more beating are trusted 100%. The current logic goes like this:

You should be active and participate in your government.......Once the government is created, you do not need weapons to defend yourself from the government you have helped to create! Kapish?

Another logic may also help you: Government can drop a nuke on innocent people but it makes absolutely no sense for you to own a nuke in order to protect yourself from the government. Keep your toys for hunting only and allow government to beef up their police forces to a level of a well funded military......

I hope you see where I am going with this. Our schools (on all levels) worked very hard on few generations already and they succeeded to create masses of complete idiots who can't think for themselves anymore. Our media also worked very hard on glorification of useless politicians (left or right). And what has happened to us? We are whispering under fake names, under blankets like little children who are suppose to be sleeping by now, about 2A and we are angry if somebody does not try to help us because we WANT MORE HELP!
Only few brave souls, from time to time, will stand up and say we need weapons for OUR PERSONAL PROTECTION! We would be absolutely crazy saying that we need it against the super nice government!

I love Our President and I will vote for him again just because he has had enough of hiding. He is brave enough to show finger to all of them, including House of Bush who got us here also. Can he do more for gun owners? Absolutely! But this country is in the spin and it is sick and unhealthy......Only very few here talk about it.....He started by SHOWING us what kind of pussies we are.......Did you get that? Or do you plan on waiting on somebody to protect or interpret your rights for you? You want little bit more of 2A? :rolleyes:

Get real,today's governments all around the world work hard on turning you into a New Zealand sheep with plenty of wool for them to shear daily from your back. And you want them to help you to talk about a need to have a gun to defend yourself from them. Are you for real?

You do not talk about your rights! Talk does nothing! You either defend your rights or you will be given new rights by somebody else.

Look at yourself first. There you are, wasting your own time watching commies on television, completely missing all of their main points which they stated very openly. They want you to become an idiotic sheep......But you want them to say that you will still be able to keep your puny little gun for hunting rabbits. Then, you come on NES to ask us if we think these commies should lie to us just a little bit more in order to kick our existing president out of the office because he is the one WHO TALKS ABOUT 2A ALL THE TIME!

Top Bottom