Homosexuals Force Bakery to Close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My point is progressive liberals must destroy or ban anything that doesn't conform to their political views. They hate Christians because their religion teaches them that homosexuality and abortions are a sin. They hate conservatives because we don't believe in the welfare state. They hate gun owners because they don't think the public should be able to defend ourselves. Like Coulter said, Liberalism is a disease.
Teach tolerance with intolerance. The irony of progressive "logic" is very amusing if not for the fact that it is destroying our constitutional system and the very fabric of society.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Teach tolerance with intolerance. The irony of progressive "logic" is very amusing if not for the fact that it is destroying our constitutional system and the very fabric of society.
It would be amusing if it were said by a comedian 15 or 20 years ago. Today it's just sad.

"You need to have an open mind and accept that other people may feel differently about some things than you do. I will not tollerate you not accepting that, and nothing you can say or do will ever change my mind."

Blueskyguy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is a bit of a head-scratcher.

People are saying that a business owner has the right to say who they provide service to.

Now just a couple of weeks ago, we had a business owner who said that the veteran couldn't bring his service dog into HIS restaurant. The very strong consensus was that even though that veteran could sure go somewhere else, he needs a service dog, and the owner has to provide service to him even if he doesn't want a dog in his business. So, we (and the law) sided against the owner on this one.

There's also the discussions where signage in a business forbids guns, and people say, screw it, I'm going in there, "concealed means concealed". Again, folks here are siding against the owner (and probably against the law) on that one, even though they could just go somewhere else.

Is it because they're lesbians that people aren't seeing the discrimination? What about if it was a white storekeeper refusing to sell a cake to a black couple? Same situation, isn't it, but a lot more people would side against the business on that one. (Even the folks who'd joke that there was an EBT card offered as payment.)

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

People are saying that a business owner has the right to say who they provide service to.

Now just a couple of weeks ago, we had a business owner who said that the veteran couldn't bring his service dog into HIS restaurant. The very strong consensus was that even though that veteran could sure go somewhere else, he needs a service dog, and the owner has to provide service to him even if he doesn't want a dog in his business. So, we (and the law) sided against the owner on this one.

There's also the discussions where signage in a business forbids guns, and people say, screw it, I'm going in there, "concealed means concealed". Again, folks here are siding against the owner (and probably against the law) on that one, even though they could just go somewhere else.

Is it because they're lesbians that people aren't seeing the discrimination? What about if it was a white storekeeper refusing to sell a cake to a black couple? Same situation, isn't it, but a lot more people would side against the business on that one. (Even the folks who'd joke that there was an EBT card offered as payment.)
This is why the right answer will always be: If it's a free country, then bring your business elsewhere or do business with whom you choose. Sometimes simple is remarkably brilliant.

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is why the right answer will always be: If it's a free country, then bring your business elsewhere or do business with whom you choose. Sometimes simple is remarkably brilliant.
+1. ^^^this. We do such a disservice to ourselves by coercion. Forcing people into submission not only accomplishes the opposite of what we would like it to, it robs people of the opportunity to make good choices in their own mind.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

You can oppose the business's decision without feeling that the law needs to be involved. Honestly, I didn't follow the story about the veteran being kicked out of the restaurant too closely, was the restaurant fined or forced by the government to provide service to the vet?

To clarify my previous posts, I don't support the decision made by these business owners. I support their right to make those decisions. If I don't like the way someone conducts business, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

how about gyms that don't allow men? perfectly acceptable in today's society, not discrimination?

colleges that don't allow "white student union" clubs but allow the Black/asian/etc student unions.

there are 100's of double standards on these issue. My view is always, don't do business with anyone you don't want to, free market is the fairest of all regulations

Pilgrim

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
the .gov:

tells you if you can have a business (permits)
tells you what hours you can be open (zoning and 'blue' laws)
tells you how much you need to pay your employees (min wage laws)
tells you who you must hire (no discrimination, racial quotas)
tells you what you can sell (booze, cigs, butter, milk, etc)
tells you how much you must charge (cig minimums, other food subsidies)

is it any surprise it tells you who you have to sell to ?
add: tells you what you can wear :

Abercrombie's 'look policy' gets slammed by judge over hijab - TODAY.com

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have the choice to do as they please. Instead of bitching, go find another baker who will make the cake for your gay wedding.
Jeesh.

Win

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm for all freedoms including homosexuality but, with that said, the homosexuals do make it difficult to support them at times.

Maxpower

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free market sucks.

I'm sure if they were forced to close because a sad vet with a puppy was denied service this thread would be going a different way.

speedy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Almost sounds like this has gone into the realm of harassment.
Say that family commits suicide because the gay activists are relentless in their pursuirt of revenge. What's next?

Maxpower

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost sounds like this has gone into the realm of harassment.
Say that family commits suicide because the gay activists are relentless in their pursuirt of revenge. What's next?
A funeral? Just guessing here...

boscru

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
went to service a copier at someone's home office quoted them $90.00 over the phone . i always discount that after i get there and find it's some small 5 minute repair (couldn't find the jammed paper, settings wrong, etc) makes for good customer relations to charge less than what you quoted. sooooooo i find a framed picture of barry o'bummer in that silly god-like pose looking towards the heavens---y'all know the one

2 minute repair---full price---i find libs money especially sweet

the bakery should have just quoted them a 25% higher price and been done with it---jmho

Yazz

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I run a small business and turn down people all the time. And in turn people who call me turn me down because they don't like my terms or pricing. Should I be able to attack anyone who calls me for service and then hangs up because the don't like my terms?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This nonsense really started going in high-gear when one of those dating sites were forced to offer homosexual filters.

Seriously.

"Land of the free? Whoever told you that is your enemy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom