Homicide, (My Aunt beaten)carjacking, officer-involved shooting under investigation

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This POS carjacked my 77/78 year old aunt and stole her car this morning! She's in the trauma unit and may need surgery. She has an orbital fracture and a fractured jaw. Waiting on the maxillofacial (?) doctor. They are at the very least keeping her for the night for observation. My cousin, her only daughter, has been with her since this morning some time. I got the text at 10:15. My cousin's son is actually one of the firefighter/EMTs who responded to find his grandmother bloody and beaten! How much do you want to bet this guy has several violent priors?!!! My aunt STILL works as she is a widow and needs to "make ends meet." She was likely on an errand on her way to or from work. She works merchandising for a major retailer and often does work odd shifts or night shifts. WTF is wrong with people?!

I can't figure out how to include the "update" by police. Suspect name not released. He was shot twice by police and "has survived surgery." POS!

immigration status of POS?

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
@PennyPincher how is your Aunt doing? Any updates? Pete
Thanks for asking. Actually just getting an update now. She slept pretty well at the hospital. Swelling is down pretty substantially. Had pain meds yesterday at 4:30 and none until just now. In case you missed it she will NOT need surgery for her fractures so that's good. Trying to find out the status of her car as the reporting in the newspaper indicates the guy crashed it and was attempting to carjack another when the police confronted him. I don't know if my cousin or one of her boys have seen the damage to the car. Well, 1 of them probably has as he's a firefighter/EMT who responded to at least one of the scenes.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I will pass them on.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Very glad your aunt is doing better and on the mend.

Hoping the perp receives appropriate justice.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
wow so sorry to hear...hope she's ok.

Takes a real tough guy to attack a 78 year old woman. POS. Too bad he survived. Given this is VA and a increasingly libtard state, I'm sure the judge will slap him on the wrist and turn him loose on society to do the same thing to someone else's elderly relative.
That's OK, let him walk. All the OP needs is the dudes name.

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Suspect name not released. He was shot twice by police and "has survived surgery." POS!
Very sorry about your aunt, but glad she is recovering.

As for the shitbag, they named him in this article: Suspect and woman killed identified in violent Charleston crime spree | WCHS Network | News • Sports • Business | Charleston, WV

Charleston Police Chief Tyke Hunt released the name of the suspect, Joshua Andrew Drennen, 27, of Clendenin, during a Wednesday appearance on MetroNews “Talkline.”
Have at the spineless assnugget.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Drug addict. Gee, who would have thunk!

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude should have the same thing done to him. WTF is wrong with people beating up on an old lady like that.

This world is circling the drain if this goes unpunished to the fullest extent. The POS should be in jail for the rest of his life. Attempted murder, agg assault, car jacking, senior abuse, felony a**h***ness, etc.

Your aunt is in my thoughts.

strangenh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Best to your aunt, Deb. And you and your cousin! I'd be in knots over that kind of thing happening to one of my family.

I hope they are able to throw the book at this POS.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'm sorry to hear this. Wishing your Aunt a full and speedy recovery and that the scum that did this spends many years in jail.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not that I’d expect the OP’s elderly aunt to be carrying, but after reading that story the only one that wasn’t hurt was the guy packing heat (attempted car jacking). Good reminder.

Scratch that, the cop was also packing but in this day and age nobody wants to be on the news so he got bashed in the head instead of putting 2 in the breather and 1 in the sneezer.

I wish we still had cowboy justice. Obviously guilty? One rope one horse and one tree. Done.

S&WMan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I hope your aunt continues to get well. The perp should be removed from society and placed behind bars.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
From my cousin, my Aunt says:
"You know what? I'm blessed. He didn't kill me, and I helped slow him down."

Talk about a tough old broad! [smile]

My aunt rocks.
Car was totaled by insurance company but she is actually getting about $2k more than what they expected the car was worth. Cousin says they know some people who own used car lots and "they love her mom" so they should do pretty well. They have lived there for at least 50 years and my cousin is a dedicated school teacher and coached for years (2 sports) and worked at the local public pool in the summers so they KNOW LOTS of people. One of my cousins sons is also a firefighter and was one of the responders so that also helps.

It looks like my aunt will be ok. Will let y'all know if anything changes. Thank you EVERYONE. This really is one of the greatest groups of people around.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok ladies and gents, Curmudgeons and deplorables as well. This is a GoFundMe set up by my aunt's friend from where she worked a number of years ago. I verified it (LOL yes, because I still am a skeptic and know that people set these things up to make a buck off other people's situations!)

The fund is currently at only $50 of the $5000 goal. I, and my aunt, and the rest of the family appreciate any and all support you can give her. Thank you thank you thank you all!

Top Bottom