Homemade shot maker!

I've had bit of free time lately so I built my own shot maker. Last night I made over 100# of #8 shot with it. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

This is where a PID controller might really work out.
Took me a good while to find the alloy and coolant temp sweet spot.

i never got around to setting up a tumbler to coat with graphite.

i liked out my neighbor rented a cement mixer and I got to use it to tumble the few hundred pounds I had made up. Like this. Now what would be nice is a tumbling lead shot size sorter,

View: https://youtu.be/f32989UsCEs

Last edited:
The temp controller does make it easy to run. I place a preheated ingot on the top of the ramp and it melts and runs down, once it's melted I put another on top. Goes through about a pound a minute.

I use a coffee can, a bit of graphite powder and roll around on the bench. Seems to work fine.

The temp controller does make it easy to run. I place a preheated ingot on the top of the ramp and it melts and runs down, once it's melted I put another on top. Goes through about a pound a minute.

I use a coffee can, a bit of graphite powder and roll around on the bench. Seems to work fine.

That's freaking awesome.

The only thing I dislike about this is the video is only 10 seconds long. Awesome job.
Do you have the ability to change out the what I would call nozzles to change the size shot that you are making?

Back
Top Bottom