Homemade Curing Oven Project

do you think they will heat up something a little biggerfine or do ou think I should stay close to that size

If you're concerned, add another element to the mix (making it 4 500W elements, or something that comes up to about the same total wattage).

I do plan on building a second cure oven that's larger. I want to be able to easily Cerakote longer items. I've sprayed items up to 26" long in that oven. I just had to get a bit creative in how I hung them. With the hanging rack I made, I'm able to cure enough parts for a couple of AR's at a time.

hmm. im thinking a file cabinet would work great. it has a lip on it that I can shove the insulation behind and then put sme sheet metal of some kind to line the inside. this will help keep the outside sort of cool while maintaining internal temps. im going to put some wheels on it to make it able to move out of the way and roll it into a corner. I will be heading to the vacant office building at from work and taking a look at file cabinets for sure. plenty of insulation in the building also. building is coming down because of the explosion that happened in downtown springfield a while ago so I can use a lot of stuff from in there. I might put a window in the door so I can look in. maybe not that's just more work. dam I need to start drawing this out. maybe ill just wing it lol

found a few cartridge heaters at work. these are obsolete to us and from old machines. i am going to wire them all up and see if they work. they a brand new but just want to double check. hopefully they get hot enough

You can keep it simple like my design, although small. I built the entire design for less than most of you spent on the PID and thermostat alone.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...for-Cerakote-Duracote-Paint?highlight=ruebarb

Check thread for details and parts

im doind something similar. i have that insulation also but im going to line the inside with metal and put the insulation between the walls. i was just wondering if the fire resistant spray foam insulation would work better between the walls as an insulation. nice video btw. i like that little locker oven lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom