• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Homeland Security May Shutdown In Hours, Funding Bill Rejected

... And?

I would actually care if I thought that we should even HAVE a DHS to begin with.

DHS will not be shut down and the sky will not fall

During the last "Shutdown" ~300k of 330k DHS employees were deemed to be "Essential" and continued to work

Nothing to see here....move along......repubucans need to get a pair and play chicken with oblahblah

Maybe they can sell us all that ammo they bought up the last couple years...how many million rounds did they buy?

Probably the same thing would happen as when NYPD stopped screwing residents, for a few days: people would start to notice that it doesn't make a difference if those DHS puke rockets go to work in the morning or not.

CNN's full on hand wringing coverage of this is priceless, you'd think they were counting down the hours until the island of Manhattan sinks.

DHS isn't just airport rapists. There are worthwhile organizations suffering for this, too.

Pray, tell us what worthwhile government organisations that are suffering for this. Show us your tired, your hungry, your poor government minions.

They will come together with a last minute agreement I'm not too worried. We could only hope our politicians would think rationally for once and actually adhere to the will of the people.

Didn't open this link but from what I read elsewhere 200,000 out of 230,000 employees will be business as usual.
Yup people don't get paid during the event but DHS goes on. Then they get paid In full. Anyone who says our national security is at risk is an idiot.

Coast Guard needs to be transferred back to DoD. Better yet, do that and put the DoD back to the War Department.

Back
Top Bottom