• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home Invasions....

I know these have always been going on but is it just me or do home invasions seem to be going through the freakin roof??? [angry][angry]

I just saw there was 3 in Amherst recently plus everything else.

WTF!!!

this enrages me to no end. I know the economy is poor and that fuels a lot of it but they seem to be happening all the time.

I honestly dont think I will ever be able to restrain myself if this ever happens to me or my Family. The SOB better make sure I dont get up because I wont let them go if I dig my heels in. [angry]

It will be like "A Bronx Tale and I will bar the door and go..... now you cant leave"

is there more of these lately or is it just me?

Last edited:
I don't know if there are more or less HI's now. I'm inclined to say more because I've heard talk of them much more frequently lately.

All I can say for sure is if some scumbag decides to invade my home he's going to find his body invaded by lead chunks and ninja moves.

I cant think of anything other than Child molestation that litterally ENRAGES ([angry]) me more than that.

I just think people like that make good candidates for the DP, preferably on the spot. I think its too bad our Country does not .

I know these have always been going on but is it just me or do home invasions seem to be going through the freakin roof??? [angry][angry]

I just saw there was 3 in Amherst recently plus everything else.

WTF!!!

this enrages me to no end. I know the economy is poor and that fuels a lot of it but they seem to be happening all the time.

I honestly dont think I will ever be able to restrain myself if this ever happens to me or my Family. The SOB better make sure I dont get up because I wont let them go if I dig my heels in. [angry]

It will be like "A Bronx Tale and I will bar the door and go..... now you cant leave"

is there more of these lately or is it just me?

I think its a sign of the times. As economics get tougher/tighter, the scumbags, more and more, look for the easiest score.

If I'm/we're not home, can't do much. If either of us are here, good luck. The perp will not make it out alive.

what a shame we have to arm ourselves in our own homes....... a real shame and sure sign of the times....

however I agree 100% that its an absolute necessity today and practice it very faithfully.

what a shame we have to arm ourselves in our own homes....... a real shame and sure sign of the times....

however I agree 100% that its an absolute necessity today and practice it very faithfully.

I agree that its a shame, and would rather not have to think this way. But, in the real world, we do...I do...and act accordingly.[wink]

And for everyone who makes fun of those of us who answer the door armed, just remember - it is better to be scoffed at as being paranoid for your entire life than to EVER wind up needing your gun, which is locked up to comply with unconstitutional laws.

This is really scary.

is there any official report out there that shows year to year numbers and locations?
I guess the add on to that is how closely are home invasions tied to gang activity?

Quote:
When I shower, the pistol goes under my towel right beside the shower. Without a gun, it's tough to be intimidating when you're naked.

Especially if the water is cold.

Actually, I think this is a very scary visual.. one that I really don't want to even think of..

And If I were a home invader, the sight of this would probably send me running...
What is a perp going to be more scared of a gun or some bizzare naked guy??

At least he knows what the gun will do

what a shame we have to arm ourselves in our own homes

It's been one week since the suspicious individual cased out my house. Changed my perspective on lots of things, but I agree it's unfortunate that I feel the need to be strapped at home.

Jose had a very interesting suggestion in the linked thread. Sort of relates to the whole shower discussion in this thread.

is there any official report out there that shows year to year numbers and locations?
I guess the add on to that is how closely are home invasions tied to gang activity?
I once talked to a Marlborough patrolman about this - he told me that the newspapers don't report most of the home invasions. Guess they don't want to scare the sheep. [thinking]

Call me paranoid, but it's one reason why I carry 24/7/365....

I'm with you.

In the shower, I use a ziploc bag duct taped to my leg. I alternate legs to reduce any adhesive buildup. [wink]

For me, paranoia does run deep. I always have something on me especially in the house. Perhaps I'm a little OCD and it drives everyone else nuts, but I keep the doors locked, alarm on, and automated miniguns ready at all times. I double check the secured condition of the house every time I leave or retire for the evening.

Paranoia is generally though of as a bad thing, but I disagree to some extent. There is a difference between clinical paranoia (schizophrenia & paranoid personality disorder) and practical paranoia. I am of the latter group, but can identify with the former. With that said, I do not wear a tin foil hat because, naturally, aliens are smart and can just take it off.

I once talked to a Marlborough patrolman about this - he told me that the newspapers don't report most of the home invasions. Guess they don't want to scare the sheep. [thinking]

It seems like this is just the kind of thing that the news media would pick up on and run with. Spectacular, scary, random, etc..
just the thing they love..
And they could end every one with something like, "but, don't worry this will never happen to you, and if it happens, don't do anything extreme like fight back, just call 911 and do everything the nice little home invaders asks of you and everything will be fine.."

Back
Top Bottom