• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home Invasion Stopped with AR-15 (Ruger AR 556) – VIDEO

commodon

NES Member
After searching the General forum I don't believe this is a dupe...

Home Invasion Stopped with AR-15 (Ruger AR 556)

On August 12, 2019, at about 9:52 p.m., in Omaha, Nebraska, an apartment resident named Mark had some friends visiting him. He heard persistent knocking at the door. It got louder, so he looked out the peephole. Outside, he saw an unknown man at the door with another behind him who had a mask on.

He locked the door and went to get his rifle, a Ruger AR 556 (AR-15 clone). In the video, just as he returns, the door is kicked in with a rear spear type kick. As the home invader turns around, he sees the rifle pointed at him, and flees, all in less than two seconds, according to the camera clock.

John Correia, of Active Self Protection, does a running commentary on the lessons learned from this encounter, on one of his videos. John interviewed Mark, which is where we were able to obtain details such as police response, lack of media coverage, and Marks mental process. Mark and his friends were not engaged in any illegal activity, nor did they know or recognize the home invaders.

Several things stand out. The first is Mark used the peephole to discover something was wrong, rather than opening the door. That allowed him to lock the door as well as to retrieve his rifle. He had situational awareness. On the video, it took Mark 22 seconds to retrieve the rifle and return. Mark has some cover from the closet on the left of the screen.

The reaction of the invaders shows one of the primary values of the AR-15 type system: easy recognition leading to effective deterrence.

Mark did a good job. He was aware. He had an effective self-defense tool easily available and knew how to use it. In my opinion, Mark would have been justified in shooting the home invader. Mark reports to John he did not see any weapons, so he made the split-second decision not to shoot.

It worked well in this case. If he had been further from the door, he might have had a bit more time to make the decision.

There was no news coverage of this defensive use of the AR-15 type rifle. Mark reported the incident to police. We are told they arrived in five minutes. They took a report. No arrests have been reported.

For the rest of the article, read Home Invasion Stopped with AR-15 (Ruger AR 556) - VIDEO

what was clicking when the door opened? Why did his friend run in front of a supposedly loaded AR-15 rifle?

My first thought was that he was shooting at them with a BB gun. But then it says they listed in the police report that he made the decision to not fire at the last second.

This all seems a little staged to me. it could be real. But it seems staged to me.

If all this is real then what we have here is two perps that are most likely still on the loose who now know where an AR-15 style rifle is viable to steal...

Last edited:
what was clicking when the door opened? Why did his friend run in front of a supposedly loaded AR-15 rifle?

My first thought was that he was shooting at them with a BB gun. But then it says they listed in the police report that he made the decision to not fire at the last second.

This all seems a little staged to me. it could be real. But it seems staged to me.

If all this is real then what we have here is two perps that are most likely still on the loose who now know where an AR-15 style rifle is viable to steal...

In reviewing the video the two "click" sounds appear to coincide with a small flash from the barrel. At least that is what I think I am seeing?

In reviewing the video the two "click" sounds appear to coincide with a small flash from the barrel. At least that is what I think I am seeing?

yeah, I see what you watched. I don't know what to think. Plus he is one cool cucumber. IN the beginning after the looked through the peep hole he just seems to walk away to get the gun with absolutely no urgency. So I don't know....

Jussie wasn't in that video.

John Correia, of Active Self Protection, does a running commentary on the lessons learned from this encounter, on one of his videos.
I've learned a ton from this guy over the years. Good stuff.

Also, I would've blasted those guys to smithereens. But that's just me

I've learned a ton from this guy over the years. Good stuff.

Also, I would've blasted those guys to smithereens. But that's just me

I need to meet Mr. Corriea next time he comes to Kennesaw. And I saw the interview of the defender... Dude was dumb and lucky. He lived in a free state and didn't keep loaded mags. He only had like 3 rounds in that rifle.

Back
Top Bottom