• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home invasion NH... intruder killed

KMS

http://www.wmur.com/news/21731052/detail.html

BERLIN, N.H. -- One man has been killed, another injured in a shooting in Berlin.

Police said Nathaniel Springfield, 23, was shot and killed in an apparent armed robbery attempt at an apartment on Third Avenue Wednesday night.

The attorney general's office said that Springfield was one of three men that forced their way into the apartment.

Two of the three men were armed with handguns.

Once inside, the attorney general's office said the men assaulted a man and woman inside the apartment.

The male resident managed to get his own gun and multiple shots were exchanged.

In addition to Springfield's fatality, officials said a second suspect was critically wounded.

The residents of the apartment were checked out at the scene and released.

Officials said a third suspect remains on the loose but authorities do not believe he is armed.

Last edited:
Another happy ending to what could have been a disaster. I can only imagine what the outcome would have been if this happened in Chicago or NY, NJ, MA, etc........ BRAVO to the brave homeowner who chose not to cower in a corner while his wife was raped in front of him as he waited to be executed.

Wonder if they were worried about wall penetration or shot pattern with 00-Buck vs #4? [thinking]

If this pans out to be "John Q vs scumbags", then a big +1 to them...If this turns out to be "scumbag vs scumbag", then too bad the old Hollywood scene of everyone simultaneously shooting one another did not pan out in reality...

Last edited:
I first noticed this story on Boston.com (Boston Globe). Details were limited to one person shot in killed in Berlin, NH.

Once the details were flushed out that the killing was in self-defense by a homeowner, the story disappeared from the homepage.

Now it's located in News --> Local --> New Hampshire.

Coincidence?

Do they have the Felony murder rule in NH?

Nothing better then when multiple BGs commit a felony and a good guy shoots one of the suspects and the other BG gets blamed for the death of his accomplice .... Sweeeeeet Nectar!

Resident Kills One Suspect, Injures One in Home Invasion

By TRENT SPINER

November 27, 2009

A gunfight during a home invasion in Berlin left one person dead and at least three others injured late Wednesday night.

The police said three men, at least two armed with handguns, forced their way into a basement apartment at 616 Third Ave. about 8 p.m. Once inside, they beat a male resident and pistol-whipped his girlfriend, the police said.

After a struggle, the man who lived in the apartment was able to pick up his own handgun and fire a number of shots at his assailants, according to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.

READ MORE

Do they have the Felony murder rule in NH?

Nothing better then when multiple BGs commit a felony and a good guy shoots one of the suspects and the other BG gets blamed for the death of his accomplice .... Sweeeeeet Nectar!

The only thing better is if the situation never came to fruition.

The homeowner now bears the emotional and psychological scars of fatally injuring an attacker, the actual repairs made to damaged upholstery, carpets, walls, etc.

I don't think any right-minded individual would actually want this put on them.

Uh, drugs make people "bad" as much as guns make people "bad". [hmmm]

Yeah, but I think what he's getting at here is this could be a deal of "play stupid games win stupid prizes" (on either side). There could have been a
drug debt, etc, involved here. It doesn't smell like a random home invasion.

-Mike

blah.gif
drugs
blah.gif

1.5 dead bad guys... = 1.5 steps forward...

Win![thumbsup]

Yeah, but I think what he's getting at here is this could be a deal of "play stupid games win stupid prizes" (on either side). There could have been a

-Mike

From what I've seen and read, very few home invasions are random. Many are drug related, some are gang related, some are planned kidnapping/ransom events. In most cases, again, from what I've read, the victims and the perpetrators know each other or the perpetrators know that something of value is in the home.

Illegal activity of some sort could have been the impetus for the home invasion, but that doesn't make the defense per se invalid.

Agreed. But if someone was in possession of a drug that the government prohibits shouldn't vilify somebody.

At one point in this country's history, people couldn't own gold either.

Back
Top Bottom