• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home intruder tries to remove Ring camera. Gets a face full of Glock instead

Who's this guy...???!!! If he's with the Bad Guy, homeowner's 6 in now unprotected and vulnerable...
He mentions that in the Youtube description:

Youtube said:
Ring camera caught this guy with VERY bad intentions in my carport. He rolled up with 2 people in an Infiniti G35. they left with multiple dents in teh car thanks to my foot.
Several people have pointed out that there was a second person that I didn't notice when I went down there. While that IS true, the moment I entered the garage I saw him. There was no way for him to get to me physically because my truck was backed up all the way to the wall. This is why I went to the parking lot immediately after walking through the garage. This gave me the out if i needed it should I get cornered. the parking lot camera did not function for reasons known only to the powers that be but another thing I didn't realise was there was a 3rd person in the back of the Infiniti. It was when I noticed the back door beginning to open that you hear me kick the car. I was actually kicking the door closed. he attmpted to open the door again and I kicked it closed again. and again. This resulted in very large dents in both doors. I"m not sure if he attempted to open the door again or that he was just not able to after a few kicks. In this would of "coulda/woulda/shoulda", they were armed only with stupidity and probably will never return.

Maybe, but i have seen that kind of phenomenon before. There are dump cities or regions in this country where property predators like that are constantly on patrol...
And there are also some notorious cases where the same burglars return 2-3+ times.
(Concededly, usually in First-World Sh¡t Holes).

When a self-defense shooting makes the news by going south,
it's not unusual for it to be because the homeowner buys their first gun
after someone burgles them a second time,
and then they cap the burglars by shooting through a door,
or giving them the coup de grace after they're down,
or dragging the body inside the house.

Homeowners finally serving repeat customers doesn't always go wrong.
It's just that it's more newsworthy when they screw it up.

Just say "no" to externally hosted video surveillance.
Generally homeowners see the complexity and price tag for self-hosted NVR and just grab the $38 Wyze at Home Despot or the $60 Ring. And externally hosted video isn't vulnerable to the crackhead finding and trashing your on-site recorder.

For external/garage cameras, Ring's new Video End-to-End Encryption (E2EE) is more than good enough for all but the most technically proficient paranoiac.

yeah, coulda got smoked by that guy behind the pickup, not super bright.
This is absolutely wrong.

Yes, he could have gotten smoked.

No its not "stupid". Its natural. Its normal. Tunnel vision is normal. Auditory exclusion is normal.

And it IS the kind of mistake that any of us could make.

Recognizing that this is not stupid, but rather normal human behavior that you need to learn to break is the first step to solving the problem.
So rather than being pious and implying that it could never happen to you. Learn from it. Train to break out of it.

Who confronts potentially armed burglers and racks his weapon after the confrontation has started?
Turned out ok for him, but not something I would consider.
Yes. We are clearly not watching the actions of a highly trained person. But then again this demonstrates that more often than not, you don't have to be highly trained to prevail.

This is absolutely wrong.

Yes, he could have gotten smoked.

No its not "stupid". Its natural. Its normal. Tunnel vision is normal. Auditory exclusion is normal.

And it IS the kind of mistake that any of us could make.

Recognizing that this is not stupid, but rather normal human behavior that you need to learn to break is the first step to solving the problem.
So rather than being pious and implying that it could never happen to you. Learn from it. Train to break out of it.

Yes. We are clearly not watching the actions of a highly trained person. But then again this demonstrates that more often than not, you don't have to be highly trained to prevail.
Chill the f*** out.

Also, you quoted stupid, like it is a citation, but its not used a single time in my statement.

Back
Top Bottom