Home Firearm Safety Instructor -One Day Course - May 12

scouter-rick

Training Counselor
NES Member
Greetings,

$150 per Seat- Taunton ,MA

Training Begins with:
Basic Instructor Training
Course Goal: To develop NRA Certified Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills,
and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Firearm Training Courses.
Length of BIT: 6 hours
Course Lessons:
Opening Exercise: How to Introduce a Speaker (30 minutes)
Lesson I: The Instructor and the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program (60 minutes)
Lesson II: Using a Training Team (60 minutes)
Lesson III: Training Materials and Training Aids (60 minutes)
Lesson IV: Organizing Your Course (60 minutes)
Lesson V: Preparing to Teach (90 minutes)

Then Continues with:
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor Training
Course Goal: To develop NRA Certified Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Home Firearm Safety Course.
Remaining Length of Course After BIT: 5 hours
Course Lessons:
Lesson VI. Introduction to NRA Home Firearm Safety Course Outline and Lesson Plans (30 minutes)
Lesson VII. Teaching Home Firearm Safety Lessons I and II: Gun Safety Rules, and Firearm Identification and Unloading (90 minutes)
Lesson VIII. Teaching Home Firearm Safety Lessons III and IV: Safe Gun Handling
Practical Exercises, Ammunition, Firearm Cleaning and Storage (90 minutes)
Home Firearm Safety Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion (90 minutes)

Register at: Student Registration

Last edited:
This is an outstanding price that Rick is offering for this class. A good chance for those who wish to, to become NRA certified instructors.

Rick is an incredible instructor and I encourage anyone interested in teaching safety courses to sign up immediately. From my recent training with him, Rick is very knowledgeable and makes the subject matters easy to understand. I have been using the applicable methods for my students and have had very successful outcomes. Even after his class is completed he makes himself available for future help. This is a man who I truly respect in the firearms community.

WOW....that is a steal.

Where is this being held?

I see a start of 9am with the agenda equaling 11hrs. So going to 9pm (assuming breaks)?

I might be in depending on where this is.... I seem to recall Rick is near the south shore though, is that correct? That might be a little too far for me.

Looking at Ricks training forum, I'm assuming this is in Taunton? If that is so, then I guess I'll sign up. An hour drive is not so bad.

I just signed up. If anyone wants to carpool from Acton or the surrounding area, let me know.

JUMP ON THIS CLASS!!
I have NEVER seen the class taught on it's own, it is usually taught in conjunction with the Rifle, Pistol or Shotgun class, which is two very long days. I doubt you will see this offered again, for a very long time.

I just signed up also but I'm only 25 minutes from Taunton, sorry Jeff.

This class will fulfill the requirements to be able to instruct and teach the class for the MA ltc once you send the paperwork into MSP right?

Thanks for putting on the class Rick.

So I should expect the credentials to arrive sometime next week? [smile]

p.s. I still feel stupid for saying something like "putting ammo in the wrong container can be dangerous". I assure you I know better than that (I've seen the SAAMI ammo destruction testing video among other things... ) I guess I had something different in my mind and it came out of my mouth as something really stupid. [laugh] "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Thanks for putting on the class Rick.

So I should expect the credentials to arrive sometime next week? [smile]

p.s. I still feel stupid for saying something like "putting ammo in the wrong container can be dangerous". I assure you I know better than that (I've seen the SAAMI ammo destruction testing video among other things... ) I guess I had something different in my mind and it came out of my mouth as something really stupid. [laugh] "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

I'm pretty sure many "stupid things" were said yesterday, I was sitting next to you.

Back
Top Bottom