• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home Depot blocks NES

Palladin

NES Member
So I'm in the Londonderry HD an hour ago, they now block all internet and force you to sign on to their wifi. After a minute or so, I get on....
I go to the NES page, as I needed info from a PM a member sent me, and ......

WARNING This website is blocked due to WEAPONS !

In NH no less, WTF ????

Guess we have to boycott the shit out of it. Sucks, I liked their color scheme more than lowes.

I don't think the signal was jammed...

Just NES on the store WiFi, correct?

HD probably uses a broad program that black lists forbidden websites.

Next time you are there...

Look up "traffic cone videos".

They might have to let those video on since HD sells traffic cones.
It's all about the $$$.

my workplace blocked sites, I assumed it was software working off of key words. nes was blocked virtually overnight on the company computers, and a lot of other gun related sites....except "jews for the preservation of firearms ownership." I put their logo up as wall paper on all the screens on the floor. made a dandy screen saver too! every day they'd remove it and every afternoon i'd put it back on.

upload_2018-9-14_18-35-44.jpeg

I don't think the signal was jammed...

Just NES on the store WiFi, correct?

HD probably uses a broad program that black lists forbidden websites.

Next time you are there...

Look up "traffic cone videos".

They might have to let those video on since HD sells traffic cones.
It's all about the $$$.

No, when I shut down the wifi, I had one bar on Verizon and couldn't get online. But at the end of the parking lot, I had 5 bars.

I was in the Wareham store early to rent a piece of equipment. No one was in the rental section yet so I was checking another shooting site...Blocked.

No, when I shut down the wifi, I had one bar on Verizon and couldn't get online. But at the end of the parking lot, I had 5 bars.

Yup. That sounds very similar to what I was talking about. It's one thing to get no signal because the store is metal-roofed and acts like a Faraday cage. It's another thing entirely to actively broadcast noise on 3g + 4g, downgrading service to GPRS, and then saturating that band until cell service almost stops working all together. One day someone's gonna die because they couldn't get 911 to work.

Seems a little pricey. Worth it?
Depends on your usage pattern. When I did dialysis in a clinic, the internet blocked weapons site and a bunch of ports - and the welcome page told users that changes to the filtering will not be considered.

I used Nord VPN, setting it to TCP mode (the UDP port was blocked). Once I started Nord, I had a "real" internet connection with all unblocked ports and no filtering for about $3/month.

I doubt they actively block stuff. It is probably just a matter of bad reception with all the metal roofs, racks, etc.

I was told some old buildings have really bad cellular service because the many years of lead paint build up acts as a shield. Sure enough, go to a window, and cellular works fine.

They do realize that they sell gas pipe which can be used to make improvised shotguns, right? And ramset blanks that you can use to make gnarly improvised .22 ammo too... Idiots.

my company blocks gun sites too. Maybe I should quit.

It's probably for the employees as much as for the customers.

Depends on your usage pattern. When I did dialysis in a clinic, the internet blocked weapons site and a bunch of ports - and the welcome page told users that changes to the filtering will not be considered.

I used Nord VPN, setting it to TCP mode (the UDP port was blocked). Once I started Nord, I had a "real" internet connection with all unblocked ports and no filtering for about $3/month.
I use Ivacy. I prepaid 3 years and it was even less than that. The only way to work around this nutty filters.

Im a part timer in the Chicopee Depot. Im on this site all the time as well as that evil black rifle .com as well.

Back
Top Bottom