• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home defense shotgun light

Last edited:
I installed one of them on one of my HD 870's. I like it so far. $200 on amazon with prime shipping just a FYI. It was worth it to me knowing out of the box it could handle shotgun recoil and made it a self contained unit.

http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-DSF-1300-F12-WeaponLight-Winchester/dp/B00E9YEFHW

There was a battery issue with the original DSF versions that surefire fixed.

Pulled this off Arf

If you have a Surefire DSF with a serial number on the light head, then you have a newer version. In the newer, serial numbered versions, the battery issue has been "fixed"

I have a way to get a light at cost so im not paying near 350 for a light.
Ive got a TLR-HL and an XC1 for my Glocks and a Surefire 952v for my future AR build

Go for it then. If you don't like it you can sell it for a profit. I like mine so far. I've only run a few dozen down the pipe on that rig but so far it's held up well.

A fenix PD35 tac that has the capacity to go up to 1000 lumens , and strobe , with a button tail cap , and you can get a seperate pressure switch and a mount is far cheaper than 355$

Back
Top Bottom