Home Defense Recommendations

If you can pull a libtard in front of you and say shoot me, then you have a reason to shoot back

I recently watched someone shoot 00 buck and then birdshot out to 100 yards and it sure looked like every projectile impacted the berm. Guess it doesn't spread as much as you think, huh?

I recently watched someone shoot 00 buck and then birdshot out to 100 yards and it sure looked like every projectile impacted the berm. Guess it doesn't spread as much as you think, huh?
What, it doesn't halt in mid-air at 40 yards and drop vertically to the ground,
as if it was raining teentsy lead balls?

What, it doesn't halt in mid-air at 40 yards and drop vertically to the ground,
as if it was raining teentsy lead balls?

It only does that if it doesn’t strike two bad guys in center mass first.

Mag restriction is irrelevant, you know as well as I, the resourceful have hi cap mags in ban states. As for good recommendation, you took yourself out of the running with the shotgun option, because of your shoulder. Being new to firearms, you have to understand, handguns are a last ditch effort, not primary defense tool. That being said, go G21/45auto, best 45 available today, PERIOD!

We all know handgun calibers can pass through walls. I believe he was referring to the shotgun statements

Wouldn't that statement rely heavily on the wall construction and type of round? Cheap single layer drywall over stud most likely won't stop a ball handgun round, but drywall over concrete block might stop a frangible or hollow point.

So we're using shotguns to avoid over-penetrating walls but also to engage multiple targets with a single shot without having to aim precisely? ....

I'll repeat that quote again, trimmed for clarity:
"...anything that will stop a bad guy, will also penetrate several walls."

Ooh, how about the new Mossy Nightstick?...

50651_590_Nightstick_WOOD.png

Shoot till empty, then it becomes a Louisville "Slugger"...

Last edited:
Ooh, how about the new Mossy Nightstick?...

50651_590_Nightstick_WOOD.png

Shoot till empty, then it becomes a Louisville "Slugger"...

IMO, these “not-a-shotgun”s are good for three things, and not much else:
-committing car-jackings
-defending against car-jackings
-preventing illegal dumping of mattresses

IMO, these “not-a-shotgun”s are good for three things, and not much else:
-committing car-jackings
-defending against car-jackings
-preventing illegal dumping of mattresses
Well in that case I'm holding out for the Quattro model
that does all that and also facilitates illegal dumping of mattresses.
ETA: Not that we go through a lot of mattresses in our household.

If you haven’t seen it, or forgot, that’s why my third bullet point is there
I have only the vaguest memory of the story's existence,
and had never followed it. (I'll go dig up the thread(s) now).
But I was confident based on first principles
that a good shotgun deters a whole lot of mattress dumping.

You could find a Beretta preban .380 pistol. Otherwise, I agree with those recommending a pistol caliber carbine. I like the Beretta CX4 Storm set up to take 15 round 92 magazines.

To put it simply without over-analyzing everything, keep your 380 carrypiece, but get a remington 870 pump, i load mine buckshot, slug, buckshot, slug, and keep in mind who is in the house, and if you need to shoot thru walls, make sure who is where.....

I have only the vaguest memory of the story's existence,
and had never followed it. (I'll go dig up the thread(s) now).
But I was confident based on first principles
that a good shotgun deters a whole lot of mattress dumping.

Spoiler alert: guy dumps mattress in dumpster that isn’t his, gets a face full of buckshot for his troubles. Said buckshot is fires out of not-a-shotgun.

Train as much as you can with whatever you carry, and not just visits to the range. Take some defensive carry classes, etc. Also, get appropriate insurance. USCCA offers some good options and the NRA has their own. There are others out there as well.

Choosing the right defense gun is a very individual decision .What is right for one person may be totally uncomfortable for another. My recommendation is to go to a local range with a large selection of rental guns and great instructors.Buy what you are most comfortable with. Then practice, practice and practice some more. When it comes down to an emergency situation muscle memory will do more for you than the weapon choice.

As for legality in your jurisdiction, screw that. Your first and most important priority is the protection of your family and self. A prosecutor only wants to take a case that they can win. Even if you happen to come up against an over zealous prosecutor who chooses to file charges, he still has to find 12 people that will agree to convict. Highly unlikely that will happen. Jurors are very sympathetic to victims protecting their families.

As I've always heard, "I would rather take my chances with 12 men in a court then 6 carrying a box.

Any choice you make will be better than making no choice.

Good luck and best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom