• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Home and property defense in Mass

With all that is going on this month I decided to look up threads on this topic, the one I found is 11 years old. My feeling is that if someone comes onto your property and starts spray painting it and destroying it, vandalizing your car breaking windows of your home while you are inside, you have to stay inside (or leave the area) unless they actually break in and then ONLY if you are in imminent danger of death or grave physical harm are you allowed to take action and even then you will risk being arrested while the incident is combed through second by second. (assume this applies even if they set fire to your house - you are probably required to let them do it)
No way you could "brandish" especially outside. If you fire a shot into the ceiling inside your house I would assume that could get you racked up as well but not sure.

I know when I was a Special Police Officer for Westwood in the late 70's/early 80's we used to say "you have seconds to think, the lawyers have years to think"
GREAT JOB MAKING THIS A TOPIC !!
Thank you !

First of all, consider 'natural law'. Everyone knows it isi not OK to kill somoene because they smashed your car. Natural law has been true since the beginning of civilization. Use your head (the good one) and ask yourself "Is my life or that of another in danger?" If yes, then you may be justified.

But more importantly - no matter what, you will spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in Court and it will take everything else from you too. Job, friends, privacy, money. Some it ieven cost them their marriage. Is that worth the risk? Win or lose you will LOSE in this realm. Is it worth it?

As I like to say, in MA, you’re better off getting killed.

Back
Top Bottom