Holy Grail

farmer_friend_003.jpg

Ok. What's in the box?

[smile]

When I first saw the thread I thought you either picked up an East German or 1949 Russian, but yeah getting a FF with box and all is a good score.[grin]

"Maine Marauder" [rofl]

Last edited:
E. German or 49 Ruskie, I wish!

But the Farmer's Friend is the Holy Grail of Special imports. All known serial numbers are 111xxx, so there is definitely under 1,000 made. The collector members of SKS Boards have only eight or ten who claim ownership, and now there's two on NES!

Got it at the Lewiston, Maine Gun Show yesterday. It was on consignment in a private collection and the guy asked $750. I only brought $600 to the show so I made an offer. He made a call and came back with $650, so I scrambled to find someone I knew and borrowed a few hundred bucks. Also bought some ammo, scarce large pistol primers, and .... well, stuff!

All in all, a great day!

Edit: And what's all this laughing about "Maine Marauder"?

I'm playing possum over on SKS Boards, and a member is helping me run a little hoax thread. Feel free to bash the "Marauder" Ray. I'll be owning up to the escapade when I get some better pics this afternoon.

Last edited:
E. German or 49 Ruskie, I wish!

But the Farmer's Friend is the Holy Grail of Special imports. All known serial numbers are 111xxx, so there is definitely under 1,000 made. The collector members of SKS Boards have only eight or ten who claim ownership, and now there's two on NES!

Got it at the Lewiston, Maine Gun Show yesterday. It was on consignment in a private collection and the guy asked $750. I only brought $600 to the show so I made an offer. He made a call and came back with $650, so I scrambled to find someone I knew and borrowed a few hundred bucks. Also bought some ammo, scarce large pistol primers, and .... well, stuff!

All in all, a great day!

Thats about what I paid for mine when I got it a few years ago. I thought to myself I must be crazy paying this much $$ for a non military SKS, but they are indeed rare and increase in value. How much longer are you gonna keep the people on the SKS boards in suspense? Wiat till they find out what you paid for it.[smile]

Thanks for the link, Rob! That thread was a hoot to read, and it did have some historical references - with a salt shake or two of misinformation. [smile]

Too late, Ray..... [crying]

While you were out walking your dog tonight, I sneaked yours out to the range and fired off a box of Yugo corrosive. Make sure you clean it soon.

Oh, I was crying for you. Mine's still unfired. [wink]

Too late, Ray..... [crying]

While you were out walking your dog tonight, I sneaked yours out to the range and fired off a box of Yugo corrosive. Make sure you clean it soon.

Oh, I was crying for you. Mine's still unfired. [wink]

Luckily for me I left the cardboard green box with your Yugo-nese and hack scope job out.[rofl]

[smile]

I don't mean to plug another board but for those of you that don't know what we've been talking about, martin08 and I post on the old Survivor's SKSboards. SKSboards.com

My name on there is the old tag Milsurps 4 Me because no one seem sto be able to change it to SKS Ray.

Theres lots of great info and discussion on SKS rifles.

Back
Top Bottom