Holy Grail ??

Well i think i found a nice .45ACP i am in Florida for the winter and brought down one of my 3040 Krag Rifles spacificley to find a U.S.Property
45 Auto the Krag was all correct but a real tolet so i knew they got top money hear for any U.S. Rifles these people are nuts as far as
prices! anway i ran into one at a shop in Deland FL and contracted a deal now it is not a Colt, it is a Remington Rand made in 1944
it is in a box that has the serial# on it and wraped in brown wax-paper i am going to try to attach a photo but bere with me cause i tried
this befor and still have notes from JohnJ bless him so i will atempt to DSCN0245.jpgDSCN0244.jpg P.S. I Got $ 1000.50.00 Trade in for the
Krag!! S.D.

Last edited:
Very nice! I have one without the box that was made in1943. I don't know how much you know about these, but in some ways they where one of the nicest done 1911A1 of WWII. According to Clawson, Remington Rand produced more 1911A1 pistols per month than Colt itself. Although the early RR (most notably the pistols finished in du-lite) had some quality control issues, once the factory was shut down and then reopened and started producing pistols with the parkerized finish, they where the first manufacturer to streamline the production on the pistol. Quality control checks were also ramped up to insure quality. These things resulted in the lowest number of recalled guns and they only wartime manufacturer to not only finish their contract on time but early. These 1911A1s were nice guns.

Good deal!

It's a beauty. I have one made in 1944, but not as clean as yours. By the way, from looking around on the web, it looks like your serial number indicates 1943 production, not 1944.

Very nice! I have one without the box that was made in1943. I don't know how much you know about these, but in some ways they where one of the nicest done 1911A1 of WWII. According to Clawson, Remington Rand produced more 1911A1 pistols per month than Colt itself. Although the early RR (most notably the pistols finished in du-lite) had some quality control issues, once the factory was shut down and then reopened and started producing pistols with the parkerized finish, they where the first manufacturer to streamline the production on the pistol. Quality control checks were also ramped up to insure quality. These things resulted in the lowest number of recalled guns and they only wartime manufacturer to not only finish their contract on time but early. These 1911A1s were nice guns.

Good deal!
Thanks Karl thats some great info i have been bringing guns to Florida to trade in on stuff i am looking for that i cant find up north as i get 30% more on trade down
here!! last year i picked up a nice Rockola M1 Carbine for $200. and a reweld M1 Garand !! thanks again S.D.

It's a beauty. I have one made in 1944, but not as clean as yours. By the way, from looking around on the web, it looks like your serial number indicates 1943 production, not 1944.
Wow 1943 OK i will check that out thanks i realy didn,t have time to do alot of checking, The day after i bought it i ended up in the Hospital and had emergancy Sergury and just got out day before yesterday SO thanks Again S.D.

Thanks Karl thats some great info i have been bringing guns to Florida to trade in on stuff i am looking for that i cant find up north as i get 30% more on trade down
here!! last year i picked up a nice Rockola M1 Carbine for $200. and a reweld M1 Garand !! thanks again S.D.

Damn! I'm heading to Florida next year with you and bringing a bunch of guns. I want killer deals on US milsurps too.[smile]

Wow 1943 OK i will check that out thanks i realy didn,t have time to do alot of checking, The day after i bought it i ended up in the Hospital and had emergancy Sergury and just got out day before yesterday SO thanks Again S.D.

Recover fast my friend :)

Damn. A Rockola for $200.00 is the deal of the century. The next time I go to Florida I will have to make a point of finding all the local gun shops and stopping in to see what kinds of deals I can come across.

Back
Top Bottom