• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters

Looking into a holster for my sr9, possibly a Xmas gift from someone so looking to keep it on the cheaper side. Was looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck, but was wondering what other holsters others used for this gun....unless someone has something extra lying around that they wanna throw my way... Definitely open to suggestions

if youre looking for inexpensive, take a look at alien gear holsters.
(I swear im not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer)

if youre looking for inexpensive, take a look at alien gear holsters.
(I swear im not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer)

This is the second post I've read from you in the last few days where you've mentioned them(I believe the first you mentioned it having a "ghey alien head" on it). I'm not so sure I can believe you're not affiliated with them..... But I'll check them out either way, thanks

I carry OWB. I use a Don Hume Agent 721 O.T. It is a nice leather holster for about $50. I have noticed that the finish has worn off on part of the exterior of the holster (2+ years old now). I don't really care though. I bought the holster for function, not for modeling [laugh].

This is the second post I've read from you in the last few days where you've mentioned them(I believe the first you mentioned it having a "ghey alien head" on it). I'm not so sure I can believe you're not affiliated with them..... But I'll check them out either way, thanks

Alien gear looks like a Crossbreed knockoff with a cheaper price. The real question is do they live up to the "knockoff" moniker or are they of similar quality and workmanship as crossbreed.

Alien gear looks like a Crossbreed knockoff with a cheaper price. The real question is do they live up to the "knockoff" moniker or are they of similar quality and workmanship as crossbreed.

X2! They look similar to the other crossbreed knockoff brands. I have an Old Faithful Holster, that I like (and was much cheaper than a Crossbreed brand). I have had it ~ a year, and worn it at least 60-70 times. It took ~ 3 days for it to "break in", but it's very comfortable and has held up well.

I would definitely buy an Old Faithful Holster again... hell, the alien wear holster doesn't look bad either. I'd try one of them, or the eBay equivalent for sure. I've used some of the cheaper, non-crossbreed style holsters... I'm not a fan, and I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Best of luck, let us know how you make out!

Old Faithful Holster Site:
http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/

Looking into a holster for my sr9, possibly a Xmas gift from someone so looking to keep it on the cheaper side. Was looking at the Crossbreed Supertuck, but was wondering what other holsters others used for this gun....unless someone has something extra lying around that they wanna throw my way... Definitely open to suggestions

Are u set on the two clip style holsters?

How easily does it disappear on you? I've read from other users of full size's not concealing as well as compacts

I apologize, I should have been clearer- I have that holster for my SR9C, which is clearly much easier to conceal than the full size. I'm not sure how well you'll do in the warmer seasons trying to conceal a full size, even with a decent holster, but think you could probably get away during the winter/cooler months with one that stays close to the body. I also think you should definitely take sharona up on his generous offer. Blackhawk CQC is definitely not a CC holster, but it is highly customizable for other carry options.

I apologize, I should have been clearer- I have that holster for my SR9C, which is clearly much easier to conceal than the full size. I'm not sure how well you'll do in the warmer seasons trying to conceal a full size, even with a decent holster, but think you could probably get away during the winter/cooler months with one that stays close to the body. I also think you should definitely take sharona up on his generous offer. Blackhawk CQC is definitely not a CC holster, but it is highly customizable for other carry options.

It was a very generous offer which I did PM him about. And as far as warmer weather carry goes, I'm a bigger guy so my shirts tend to be a bit baggier. If I have to wear something slightly different to accommodate my carry options I'm not opposed

Back
Top Bottom