• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters, holsters everywhere

Sorry - was trying to play along but it was too subtle. [smile]

OP, if you need a decent gun belt that doesn’t cost a million bucks or make you look like a dork check out bladetech’s nexbelt (in nylon).

Oh ok sorry lol. Was thinking, damn did I really tick him off? Lol good to know. So its clear. Op should go green

I would like to echo the OP's sentiment that there are SO many holsters out there that I don't even know where to begin. I'm finally realizing the importance of having good holsters for all my handguns. I have a Canik TP9 Elite SC that came with a reversible OWB / IWB plastic holster and a Slimfit Kydex IWB holster for the same gun. The factory Canik one is OK for OWB and my Taurus TX22 fits pretty well in there for range/ backyard duty. The Slimfit is a little better IWB but I have no point of reference to compare it to. I always wear an undershirt and don't know how anybody could stand to wear a Kydex holster on bare skin. The hybrid holsters with the leather / textile backing look good as well as quality leather. For a DA/SA gun I wouldn't be worried about going with leather and it seems like it would be more comfortable.

I'd like to get a nice comfy everyday IWB holster for a CZ 75 Compact clone and range/ around the house OWB holsters for a Beretta 92FS and Ruger Mark IV Tactical.My only hangup is picking the right $75+ holster to roll the dice on and order. I'm looking into the companies mentioned in this thread and would appreciate other opinions as well. Thanks!

If you are going kydex. I love black arch or Vedder.

Personally though there is something to be said about a high quality leather holster with great retention. Like @Sterg mentioned Kusiak leather is awesome for IWB probably the best out there.
OWB Lonestar makes great leather holsters. Retention is great. Be prepared to wait for a quality leather holster. But they are definitely worth it.

If you are going kydex. I love black arch or Vedder.

Personally though there is something to be said about a high quality leather holster with great retention. Like @Sterg mentioned Kusiak leather is awesome for IWB probably the best out there.
OWB Lonestar makes great leather holsters. Retention is great. Be prepared to wait for a quality leather holster. But they are definitely worth it.

How comfortable is the Vedder Light Tuck in the 3-4 o'clock position in your experience?

How comfortable is the Vedder Light Tuck in the 3-4 o'clock position in your experience?

ha zero comfortable actually. Light tuck appendix only, I use Kusiak with a sidecar for 2-5 o’clock for the guns I appendix. I only appendix small guns like kahr/sig 365

Back
Top Bottom