• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters for USPSA Limited Division

I see lots of options for race holsters for USPSA Limited division. All of them are expensive some of them have mixed reviwes/issues/custom fitting....

My custom pistol built on a STI 2011 frame looks to be completed early and I should have it in August. So it's time to start thinking holster options.

What do you use, and why?

My experience is from open, but same 2011 platform.
I use a ghost.
Not to expensive, easy to draw, nice and smooth.
Lock works great and is very secure.
Now on to important issues: who built your gun and what are the specs? 5 or 6"? Sight tracker?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

DAA Racemaster. Because it has a changeable locking block insert. One block for my M&P open blaster, a $40 insert later the same holster can be used for a 2011

Nothing wrong with running one of the popular DOH kydex holsters in limited. On the other hand, Limited and Open divisions are all about bling gear

DAA Racemaster. Because it has a changeable locking block insert. One block for my M&P open blaster, a $40 insert later the same holster can be used for a 2011

Nothing wrong with running one of the popular DOH kydex holsters in limited. On the other hand, Limited and Open divisions are all about bling gear

I suck, and have no business owning a custom built pistol or shooting limited.... I might as well look good while doing it :)

- - - Updated - - -

My experience is from open, but same 2011 platform.
I use a ghost.
Not to expensive, easy to draw, nice and smooth.
Lock works great and is very secure.
Now on to important issues: who built your gun and what are the specs? 5 or 6"? Sight tracker?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Frank Glenn, 5" STI wide / long , Brazos modified slide, Bar Sto bull barrel in .40, all EGW internals including "ultimate" ignition kit, DP ice magwell, svi interchangeable trigger, with tri glide trigger bow, under cut trigger guard,

If Franks work is as good as everyone says I will be selling a few more of my "off the shelf" guns and having him build me a Single stack in .40 on a Caspian Race Ready frame this winter. He has been absolutely a pleasure to work with and from what I've read, truly one of the "old guard" of the sport in both gunsmithing/building and competing

Last edited:
If money is an issue check out the DAA Racer. Not as versatile as the racemaster but cheaper. It takes a little getting used to. Once it's locked it's in there. I don't have one for my L10 rig but I did start using one for my revolver.

Yeah Rudy is big.. but Team Bacon's application is shorter and they are accepting now. The team is growing leaps and bounds. Only requirement is occasional posting while drunk on forums.

Holster: CR Speed.

Bacon: Any

Bacon Sides: Eggs, Scallops, Game meats, Fillet mignon, Lettuce, I don't like raw tomato, toast, bacon, anything wrapped in bacon, gravy with bacon fat as a base, atorvastatin

Holster: CR Speed.

Bacon: Any

Bacon Sides: Eggs, Scallops, Game meats, Fillet mignon, Lettuce, I don't like raw tomato, toast, bacon, anything wrapped in bacon, gravy with bacon fat as a base, atorvastatin

Sounds like a Muslim.

Back
Top Bottom