• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

holsters for IDPA

I have a Model 22 Glock and am looking for a holster to use for IDPA.
In My search i've seen Kydex and leather prices range from $20-40+

Then there those that fit the gun perfectly.

Some of these sites have "reviews" with mixed opinions. I realize that that
nothing is perfect, but can someone here give me some suggestions.

Really appreciate it.

JimB

I have a TKW holster from MLE Shooting Sports that works great. I can draw from it as fast as I can my full IPSC race holster. I'm not great at reviews, but I can say that TKWs are made by Doug Drager, a top IDPA competitor in the Northeast, and they conform to current IDPA rules. I think each one is essentially made by hand and they fit the gun and belt great while being slick enough to draw quickly. There are some good pics of them on MLE's site.

I have a Blade Tech for Glock too, and it works well, but I rather buy from someone local I can speak with and see shoot firsthand when I have the chance to.

Last edited:
I just purchased a G-Code paddle for my H&K and I have to say for 40 bucks it is a great holster. It is IDPA legal, comfortable, and twice the rig a Fobus is. Also if you don't like the paddle you can buy conversion kits for it, IWB for instance. My 2 cents.

I'm a big fan of Doug Drager's TKW holsters also. The price is great. And since Doug hand builds each holster, he makes certain that it comes out correctly. Plus, he knows that he's bound to run into you at a match, so it better be good or he'll have to hear about it.

There are many good Kydex benders out there. TKW has an excellent product as does Blade tech.

Another favorite of mine is www.talontactical.com Mike makes a great holster also.

If the holster is for more than the games, you may want to look into leather of some sort. Alessi, DelFatti, Horseshoe leather, Kramer, Milt Sparks and others, make a quality holster that will last a long time.

You can spend anywhere from $20 for a Fobus to $200 for a custom rig. It is all in what you want it to do. Personally I prefer Alessi but the wait is probably about 2 to 3 months. Worth every minute of the wait though.

Try this site foor other leather goods http://www.rfholsters.com/rfholsters/default.asp?

Good luck in the search, and put a big box aside for the stuff you buy and don't like

Back
Top Bottom