• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holstered pistol fires when guy bends over

Looks fake..I mean who has latex gloves that handy if you aren't in the garage working on a mc or car,or in a hospital ?

Not saying it can't happen,because it does.
I carry 2 pairs of nitrile gloves in a cargo pocket daily with a quick clot and TQ. They’re the easiest pocket item I have every day, smaller and lighter than my wallet or keys.

I carry 2 pairs of nitrile gloves in a cargo pocket daily with a quick clot and TQ. They’re the easiest pocket item I have every day, smaller and lighter than my wallet or keys.

Sounds very tactical,yet simply practical.

I'm gonna have to buy some 5.11 cargo pants and try that out someday and go looking for someone to render first aid to.

Plastic single clip holster that's easy to put on/take off with the gun still in it. I'll often go a week without unholstering the gun.

I also like the safety on my LC9s. After lots of snap cap drills knocking the safety down on the draw is muscle memory. I also never put the safety on with my right thumb so that muscle memory doesn't exist to screw me up in a panic.

A week?? I’ve gone months if the weather is constant. Summertime I always carry 1 o’clock, kydex holster, round in the chamber, shield safety off.

Al-Jim19, which side arm are you shooting at the range, then?

I don't know why anybody is talking about the gloves. She was wearing the gloves for whatever she was doing before the gun went off. The gloves are irrelevant.

No dog in the chambered vs. unchambered striker-fired fight, but I always go by that safety rule about "Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy"... and my Junk is certainly NOT something I'm prepared to destroy. [thinking]
So you never go to the second floor of any building if there's someone downstairs? You've never bent down without making sure there was a strong wall behind you? You've never sat in front of another human being at dinner while pocket carrying?

I do not understand all the hate against loaded AIWB carry. Always holster the firearm before placing into your pants. For me, appendix is by far the most comfortable and I don't find myself fixing my shirt one hundred times a day like I do at 4 o'clock. Plus, being in a car a lot, it is much easier to present with a seatbelt on. YMMV

Not sure of many "one in the pipe, safety off" guys who could watch this without looking at their side. I'll probably still carry on condition 0 but this one's tough to look at.

Has this been proven to be a defect of the gun or a negligent holstering? From watching the video it's hard to tell.

This will sure hurt my argument I use on every libtard that "gun's don't shoot themselves" I hope the alt left puppets doesn't find this video lol. :D

Last edited:
I do not understand all the hate against loaded AIWB carry. Always holster the firearm before placing into your pants. For me, appendix is by far the most comfortable and I don't find myself fixing my shirt one hundred times a day like I do at 4 o'clock. Plus, being in a car a lot, it is much easier to present with a seatbelt on. YMMV
Sitting in a car was the reason I switched to mainly aiwb. Only once I thought I could need a pistol and it was in a car. I had a pistol but it was on my right hip, almost entirely inaccessible while seated.

Pretty sure I was sized up for a car jacking once. Situational awareness kept me out of trouble but one thing I did was untuck my shirt from behind the seatbelt - would've been a very easy draw from appendix.

Sounds very tactical,yet simply practical.

I'm gonna have to buy some 5.11 cargo pants and try that out someday and go looking for someone to render first aid to.

I carry a small knapsack with me just about everywhere, and absolutely when I'm at the range or in any public place. It's got a trauma kit in it. There's another one in my truck, and a third one on my bike. Arteries bleed fast.

Why would you have your firearm on your body while inside a vehicle?

Uhh, so it doesn't go flying around the car if you get into a wreck?

Also, "Loose" guns in cars in MA = trivially easy path to f*** up/lose your LTC too.

-Mike

Because in Mass, it's the law to have any CC under your direct control. Glove box or center console gets you a date with Maura's minions.

Not necessarily (although supposedly there is case law or gliddenisms on the glove box being incontrovertibly bad idea) but I can't imagine that dealing with this issue legally would be fun at all. I can imagine a douche LEO going "well, too bad, you're getting charged and you can sort it out with the court" etc bs.

-Mike

Just when I thought having a snap cap in the top of the mag was laughable along comes carrying a revolver with the hammer on an empty chamber so that if the trigger is accidentally pressed it won't fire. Those are just awesome, thanks for the laughs. And anyone who thinks they are "carrying" with an empty chamber you are not, you're just transporting the gun around.

For those that appendix carry, have you timed your draw compared to strong side? In concealed carry class, the guys that appendix carry didn't seem any faster. To me cutting 0.5 second on the draw doesn't outweigh the risk of shooting my dick off.

It looks cool in Miami Vice though.

I don’t know anyone who carries AIWB to gain half a second on draw time. There are a lot of reasons to AIWB carry that have little to do w draw time. Comfort & concealability come to mind. I used to love 4 o’clock strong side IWB but was a little worried during summer months, particularly I took my kids to the pool. With AIWB you never ever have to worry about someone to your side or behind you spotting something if maybe your shirt rides up, or it getting caught on an armrest of a chair when getting up, or when reaching in to the shopping cart at check out, when sitting at a high top at a restaurant. The funny thing is, my largest carry gun is the one I carry AIWB during the summer so I get the extra capacity too. I personally choose to AIWB with a hammer fired DA/SA semi w a decocker, I settled on the Springfield XDE (I don’t use the safety, the DA is more than adequate for me). After a little getting used to the DA, I just love the gun. I rarely carry the shield anymore, prefer the slightly heftier XDE and the extra round in the mag. And there’s no reason to carry without one in the pipe, there just isn’t.

I don’t know anyone who carries AIWB to gain half a second on draw time. There are a lot of reasons to AIWB carry that have little to do w draw time. Comfort & concealability come to mind. I used to love 4 o’clock strong side IWB but was a little worried during summer months, particularly I took my kids to the pool. With AIWB you never ever have to worry about someone to your side or behind you spotting something if maybe your shirt rides up, or it getting caught on an armrest of a chair when getting up, or when reaching in to the shopping cart at check out, when sitting at a high top at a restaurant. The funny thing is, my largest carry gun is the one I carry AIWB during the summer so I get the extra capacity too. I personally choose to AIWB with a hammer fired DA/SA semi w a decocker, I settled on the Springfield XDE (I don’t use the safety, the DA is more than adequate for me). After a little getting used to the DA, I just love the gun. I rarely carry the shield anymore, prefer the slightly heftier XDE and the extra round in the mag. And there’s no reason to carry without one in the pipe, there just isn’t.

This is pretty much how I feel, used to carry at 4 and always had my shirt riding up and butt of gun hanging out. Appendix is easier to conceal been doing it for about 5 years now and Idk what to tell ya but I'm just not worried about blowing my nuts off, I do carry at 3 OWB sometimes in winter months.

Ironically, depending on the circumstances I can see someone charged with having a gun under their control if it was in the glove box or being charged with not being in control if it was in the glove box.

Another case where the law is wide open to interpretation.

It's almost as if the law is intentionally vague.

Not necessarily (although supposedly there is case law or gliddenisms on the glove box being incontrovertibly bad idea) but I can't imagine that dealing with this issue legally would be fun at all. I can imagine a douche LEO going "well, too bad, you're getting charged and you can sort it out with the court" etc bs.

-Mike

Also easy draw in the car as long as your shirt's outside the seatbelt. The 4 o'clock draw sucks in the car.

safety_1_1024x1024.jpeg

^^^^What he said.^^^^ If the DA charges you with a discharge of firearm, he will say you pulled the trigger, your finger was in the trigger housing and caused the gun to fire.

This is pretty much how I feel, used to carry at 4 and always had my shirt riding up and butt of gun hanging out. Appendix is easier to conceal been doing it for about 5 years now and Idk what to tell ya but I'm just not worried about blowing my nuts off, I do carry at 3 OWB sometimes in winter months.

I don’t know anyone that appendix carries, and almost everyone I know carries. I will have to check out the mechanics of it sometime.

Not sure what the big deal is if someone sees the Butt of your gun when your shirt rides up?? I carry at work all the time, I’m an electrician so working overhead, crawling around on the ground, etc. I am sure some people see sometimes, but only people that I really know well have ever said that they notice.

I don’t know anyone that appendix carries, and almost everyone I know carries. I will have to check out the mechanics of it sometime.

Not sure what the big deal is if someone sees the Butt of your gun when your shirt rides up?? I carry at work all the time, I’m an electrician so working overhead, crawling around on the ground, etc. I am sure some people see sometimes, but only people that I really know well have ever said that they notice.
You have to remember that reactions in MA will be very different than in NH

You don’t live in MA, lol. Some people will freak out if they see it, cause a scene, call the cops. It’s in the anti playbook to hop up and down and yell “he’s got a gun!” If they see it. While legally speaking it’s not a violation of the law if someone sees it, some cops in MA may still hassle you and you just don’t need the headache. I’m sure that at the pool I take my kids to it would cause a commotion. I don’t know how they feel about it but I’m guessing the best case scenario is they’d ask me not to carry, it wouldn’t surprise me if they terminated my membership. Concealed means concealed, I don’t need or want anyone knowing I’m carrying.

I actually prefer appendix now; try it sometime, you might be surprised.

Its potentially a thing here...
bummed.jpg

Back
Top Bottom