Holstered pistol fires when guy bends over

You don’t live in MA, lol. Some people will freak out if they see it, cause a scene, call the cops. It’s in the anti playbook to hop up and down and yell “he’s got a gun!” If they see it. While legally speaking it’s not a violation of the law if someone sees it, some cops in MA may still hassle you and you just don’t need the headache. I’m sure that at the pool I take my kids to it would cause a commotion. I don’t know how they feel about it but I’m guessing the best case scenario is they’d ask me not to carry, it wouldn’t surprise me if they terminated my membership. Concealed means concealed, I don’t need or want anyone knowing I’m carrying.

I actually prefer appendix now; try it sometime, you might be surprised.

Yeah the 911 call narrative is gonna be "OMG A GUY WITH A GUN!!1!" and the police response is most likely to be to err on the extreme side of caution and assume mass shooting about to happen rather than "gun owner and father of three getting something off the bottom shelf at Market Basket." Especially inside of 128. Lots of companies have a no guns policy that will get you terminated as well.

I tried appendix carry. I never could find a holster that worked for me — the muzzle would dig in painfully when I sat down. I suspect it would work better for me if I lost 25 pounds (easier said than done, sadly).

I’m not sure how this incident happened. I tried that holster and it is a decent kydex holster.

’m not sure how this incident happened. I tried that holster and it is a decent kydex holster.

I've seen this video many times since it came out- my final analysis is that he didnt have the gun seated in the holster. IWB you really should remove the holster before putting the gun in it- theres no real reason not to, the clips are easy to deal with. What I think happened is the incog has a clip that runs online with the trigger, when he puts the gun back the clip bangs up against the rear of the trigger guard because his body is pushing the gun away towards the kydex. The holster clip I think is stopping the gun from fully seating and making the owner think he's fully holstered. When he bends over the extra force is causing the rounded top of the holster clip to slide inside the trigger well and then the angled shape of the g43 trigger is helping it slide right over top for the bang.

You don’t live in MA, lol. Some people will freak out if they see it, cause a scene, call the cops. It’s in the anti playbook to hop up and down and yell “he’s got a gun!” If they see it. While legally speaking it’s not a violation of the law if someone sees it, some cops in MA may still hassle you and you just don’t need the headache. I’m sure that at the pool I take my kids to it would cause a commotion. I don’t know how they feel about it but I’m guessing the best case scenario is they’d ask me not to carry, it wouldn’t surprise me if they terminated my membership. Concealed means concealed, I don’t need or want anyone knowing I’m carrying.

I actually prefer appendix now; try it sometime, you might be surprised.
I’m not opposed to trying appendix, I just do t see how it would work. I’m 6’3” 265, dad bod ftw! I just don’t see how it would work. I fall asleep on the couch sometimes with a pistol and extra mag on me. It’s not uncomfortable.

I’m not opposed to trying appendix, I just do t see how it would work. I’m 6’3” 265, dad bod ftw! I just don’t see how it would work. I fall asleep on the couch sometimes with a pistol and extra mag on me. It’s not uncomfortable.

I’m 6’0, 250 muscular/stocky build, couple extra pounds any 50 something year old has but no major overhang, I manage with it. If I’m driving a couple hours or gonna sit all day I’ll put it to the side or carry something else. But walking around? Summer carry? Works just fine. probably easier to crash on couch AIWB (but I’m always switching from side to side on couch). I usually don’t carry inside the house. When I get to office I usually put it in under desk pop out safe drawer.

Last edited:
OK .... off topic .. but maybe on some folks mind.

Things here on NES are just not the same anymore since Whacko changed his profile pic.
The woman shooting prone was iconic here on NES.

Anyone else thinking this?

Do we vote to bring back this profile pic?

I'm "In".

OK .... off topic .. but maybe on some folks mind.

Things here on NES are just not the same anymore since Whacko changed his profile pic.
The woman shooting prone was iconic here on NES.

Anyone else thinking this?

Do we vote to bring back this profile pic?

I'm "In".

In, as long as @Broccoli Iglesias can never change his.

Looks fake..I mean who has latex gloves that handy if you aren't in the garage working on a mc or car,or in a hospital ?

Not saying it can't happen, because it does.
I have nitrile gloves in the kitchen (in case my dog craps on the floor overnight); the workbench (saves cleanup after cleaning guns, especially since I don't have a sink in my basement shop), the reloading bench, and upstairs in the closet with household medical supplies - the usual stuff, gauze, face masks, bandages, etc. So, at least at home, I am never far from them. I will admit though that those in the kitchen and basement are industrial, not medical grade (obtained cheap from Harbor Freight).

It was interesting she went for a tourniquet before even approaching the shootee. I would have though immediate direct pressure on the would, assess, tourniquet if in a suitable location, and then pack the wound. I would have brought the first aid kit to the subject, and put on clean gloves if handling anything dirty like oily parts, gun cleaning solvents, etc.

I am fortunate that I can carry OWB most of the time. But I am really liking the Milt Sparks VM2. Spend the money on a good holster and belt. It is worth it.
When it is really hot and I am wearing shorts and tshirt, it is a PM9 IWB or in a pocket holster.

I would never carry without a round in the chamber. I honestly believe if you are not familiar enough, or comfortable enough, to carry with a round chambered, you probably should not be carrying.
I took a course at Sig Academy years ago that included "force on force" training. An attacker with a (rubber training) knife started 21 feet away and came at you full speed. You had to draw and get a round off before he could reach you and inflict damage.
It doesn't sound that hard, but you would be surprised how fast someone can get across a room. You can pretty much forget about getting into a stance that you can use your sights and if you have to chamber a round, you are dead. It was very sobering.
Even when I can not get to the range, I practice drawing and dry firing. Every range session includes some time with my carry gun drawing and dry firing.

I carry in an IWB on rear hip. I don't put my feet under my seat and always consider what is below me as well as the building construction. My only hassle is that I have to check the magazine for a complete seating since the mag release tends to get pressed while seating.

I cannot think of any carry method that I would put my body parts under a muzzle.
This is why I carry a PPS, the older model.
The mag release, hated by most, but genious, would make it almost impossible for this to happen.

No safety or mag release on the sides.

Just think that will happen the day you need the gun, you unholster and the mag flies off.

In, as long as @Broccoli Iglesias can never change his.

[laugh]

I only change mine when the mean mods make me. I miss my old one. [crying]

Last edited:
I’ve only ever carried AIWB, I’ve tried at 3/4 o’clock and it puts so much pressure on my hips it makes my back hurt lol.

I carry a glock 30 one in the pipe, full coverage Kydex holster and I have never holstered on my person, I always holster then clip in the holster, can’t see how it would ever go off....

Back
Top Bottom