• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holstered pistol fires when guy bends over

Holy shit, blew his junk off !That is f***ed up! , have to know a little more, was the holster made for the 43? Any material caught in it? It doesn't look like his shirt is since he kinda lifted it as he was walking over.

Anyone want to buy my Incog for a shield? ;)

Normally I say there is no such thing as an AD, but I always include an exception for mechanical failure. Assuming no unsafe modifications to either the gun or the holster, I have to say this is an AD.

It is possible, since he is loading and holstering at a gun shop, that it was either a new or recently worked on gun, and that tends to support mechanical failure, but this is speculation.

I carry in an IWB on rear hip. I don't put my feet under my seat and always consider what is below me as well as the building construction. My only hassle is that I have to check the magazine for a complete seating since the mag release tends to get pressed while seating.

I cannot think of any carry method that I would put my body parts under a muzzle.

I could see those knotted drawstrings on sweatpants pull off a move like that. To me it is pretty clear something pulled that trigger...

You’ll get a permanent-ban for that, LOL.

I pocket carry a G43, but nothing in the pipe.

Just curious, aside from fear of an ND or AD, why you would carry an unchambered firearm? Not trying to give you any crap or anything just hard to understand. I've carried a P938 cocked and locked almost every day for 5+ years and not felt uncomfortable. The gun won't or should not go "BANG" unless I want it to.

Just curious, aside from fear of an ND or AD, why you would carry an unchambered firearm? Not trying to give you any crap or anything just hard to understand. I've carried a P938 cocked and locked almost every day for 5+ years and not felt uncomfortable. The gun won't or should not go "BANG" unless I want it to.

I heard that guy in this video has been carrying his G43 every day for 5+ years and not felt uncomfortable. I bet he's at least a little uncomfortable now. Curious if he feels any pain when watching re-runs of Baywatch?

What's so hard to understand that with a striker fired pistol, an empty chamber has ZERO chance of a negligent or accidental discharge. ZERO. Here we go down the "gaaaah you're going to die if you don't leave one in the chamber!!!" rabbit hole, but I do not trust striker fired pistols in 'condition 1' or whatever the hell the mall ninjas call it. I understand that some people prefer to carry a striker fired with one in the pipe. That's fine for them and I don't question their decision or preach to them. For me, I don't fully trust the mechanism plus half of my Glocks are modified trigger range toys anyway. Sure as hell won't carry any of those with one in the chamber.

I do carry my P220 Compact de-cocked with one in the chamber and carry revolvers with all cylinders loaded. On the rare occasion that I carry a 1911, cocked and locked is OK for me too.

To address the OMG-OMG-you-will-die crowd, I've had to defend myself with a pistol twice in my lifetime. Situational awareness gave me plenty of time to rack one in. It's a risk I'm willing to take. What others do is up to them.

Waiting for some smartass to start spewing statistics regarding the safety of de-cockers and/or cocked and locked vs. striker fired one in the chamber...

edit- Not picking on you for your question, just anticipating the usual 'experts' to chime in.

Guys. It coulda been way worse. It coulda been a Glock fotay.

Nope. I can't even post that in jest. You put a hole in your prostate. You're having a bad day.

So I was thinking about changing up my carry method to appendix...
Glock_AD_screen02_Lg.jpg

Office_Nope.gif

I'm not blaming the holster. It's kydex.

What's so hard to understand that with a striker fired pistol, an empty chamber has ZERO chance of a negligent or accidental discharge. ZERO. Here we go down the "gaaaah you're going to die if you don't leave one in the chamber!!!" rabbit hole, but I do not trust striker fired pistols in 'condition 1' or whatever the hell the mall ninjas call it.

I am with you on this, Mountain. Either a safety (Ruger SR9--preferred because it still only requires one hand) or an empty chamber (Glock) for me. The margin of safety is worth the slower presentation.

Back
Top Bottom