Holster recommendations

Scuderia

NES Member
I'm having a hell of a time finding something comfortable that I can wear with my shorts or sweatpants while going for a run at night. I usually carry either a Walther PPS M2 or S&W 442 and the weight of them just pulls my pants down with IWB and OWB holsters. I was thinking about trying one of those belly band holsters but figured I'd check in and see if there is anything else out there that I'm missing. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out 2A Holsters for the chest holster. Tom (owner) is a great guy with superb customer service and products. He even worked with our own minininjer to make one for her size and named it after her on his site. I have one myself and it’s perfect for running, working, winter with a hoodie over it. Very comfortable and very secure.

usually i recommend the crossbreed supertuck and one of their belts. A good stiff belt is what makes a holster stick tight. also a big fan of the milt sparks vm2

but you said working out. I also like the SmartCarry belly band, keep a j frame in my appendix.

< I just have the girl to the left here - my avatar - hold my gun for me! & Yes, she always wears that golden body suit. :) It's better that way, cause all holsters are an inconvenience. Unfortunately.

i no longer jog with typical workout clothes. i have switched to wearing a belt and either 5.11 shorts or just pants. if you're going to run around with a gun on your waist, a belt is critical.

my setup is the following:
-JM Custom AIWB for Beretta M9A1, PHLster classic for glock or Henry Holster flint for Glock w TLR1
-Blue Alpha Gear low profile belt

if you're really committed to the bellyband idea, the PistolWear bellyband is solid although the draw is so slow it's honestly pointless. you'd be better off just running faster and get away.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Stop jogging.....tuck this right in underwear and tie your shorts normally. You might have to occasionally readjust, but hey you’re carrying a gun. My tool belt needs to be pulled up as well, life sucks get a helmet.

usually i recommend the crossbreed supertuck and one of their belts. A good stiff belt is what makes a holster stick tight. also a big fan of the milt sparks vm2

Never again will I wear a Crossbreed. I was all about them until mine fell out of the holster.......... into a toilet. Legit. lol

Check out 2A Holsters for the chest holster. Tom (owner) is a great guy with superb customer service and products. He even worked with our own minininjer to make one for her size and named it after her on his site. I have one myself and it’s perfect for running, working, winter with a hoodie over it. Very comfortable and very secure.

Going off what @cams said, check out the chest holster here: Mini Ninjer – 2A Holster

It's great for running. And no, you don't have to be mini sized to wear it. It's not only for small people. It's meant as just a smaller footprint holster. The 'normal' chest holster and strap points were literally just wider than my woman parts could conceal so I worked with Tom to have it be less bulky, slightly modify the shape of the holster, etc.

It's an extremely comfortable and secure holster. I use it for running and hiking in the position. Never once have I had it fall out. At first, I did carry the gun empty so I could get used to drawing it but not long after, I got quite comfortable carrying it pointing up, loaded, one in the chamber (G43).

You can also carry it muzzle down too but the draw is harder if you’re CC’ing it vs OC’ing.

If you up end ordering it, tell Tom we sent ya! He’ll love it. And it’s apparently on sale for 15% off right now.

Any questions regarding it, please feel free to pm me (and no, I don't get any commission if anyone buys this holster lol)

Last edited:
I jog and hike in lightweight ripstop bdu pants with a regular leather belt with my carry gun in a Fobus holster. It's not quite as comfortable as shorts but I can carry my gun and knife and phone and whatever. I just consider the extra weight as part of the workout.

Crossbreed offers a bellyband that looks like its worth trying but ive never tested one.

I battled this problem for a while and sort of figured it out. I just put a crummy bdu belt around my waist on the outside of my shorts. Clip the iwb holster to it and off i go. No bet loops but for the weight of a j frame it works really well.

shorts and sweatpants are a bitch to keep up with anything close to having a little weight. just the weight of a phone in my sweatpants pocket while i walk up a flight of stairs brings the pants down. i took to wearing suspenders to keep them up while on a quick trip to the store but i doubt that's an option if your on a run.

i don't run myself but my friend who does took to wearing a fanny pack type of arrangement with a built in holster. that's all it was designed for, gun carry, so it really has no space for other stuff when the gun is holstered. he had a choice of patterns and the one he choose was "urban camo" and kind of looks like digital camo in various shades of muted grays and blacks. i know he likes this arrangement now cause the strap/belt only holds the weight of the gun and not gun, pants, keys and phone, like wearing a belt on pants.

If you're concerned about weight the solution is a belt. Not ideal given that you may not always wear belt loops. I recommend belt loops and a Blue Alpha Hybrid EDC belt. It's the best belt I've ever owned. For firearms use or otherwise.

Blue Alpha
My problem with a belt, I can’t Find my hips...

Another option would be the Hill Peoples Gear runners chest pack. Somewhat covert pack and will fit your roscoe, +1mag, Phone, ID, etc. Worth a look if you haven’t heard of them before and are a regular runner.

Last edited:
View attachment 402465
Stop jogging.....tuck this right in underwear and tie your shorts normally. You might have to occasionally readjust, but hey you’re carrying a gun. My tool belt needs to be pulled up as well, life sucks get a helmet.

I gotta call time out for a minute, why do you have a stack of gold coins in your truck, and bonus, with f***ing monkeys on them? lol

The lightest pistol I own, in a Sticky holster, tucked into my spandex/compression shorts, and string tied to shorts. Actually works well, holds fine, and doesn't bounce around. Which is sort of the point of compression shorts. ;)

You wear underwear!?!?! ... when you run!?

Someone else want to get this one? :D

I gotta call time out for a minute, why do you have a stack of gold coins in your truck, and bonus, with f***ing monkeys on them? lol
Ha, another guy afraid to carry golden monkey coins......it’s tiger balm. After 12 years of rugby sometimes you need a little lube to get the old body working. Great stuff

Ha, another guy afraid to carry golden monkey coins......it’s tiger balm. After 12 years of rugby sometimes you need a little lube to get the old body working. Great stuff

Ah! lol Ok. After reading all of the ‘gold and silver prices down‘ in the survival forum I legit thought they were gold monkey coins and I wanted some. 🤷‍♂️😂

Anyone here use the Urban Carry “Lock Leather” IWB ?

No, never heard of it but based on the Amazon reviews, it looks ok if that's what you're looking for. Some of the reviews say they got a used one, sold as new lol and someone posted a picture of the holster riding very low so I'd be wary, I guess.

I'm all about the kydex for a secure fit. It's comfortable enough for me as IWB. My hard requirement though is that the holster features custom height and cant adjustments so it can better fit to my liking, especially because I'm not the target market for these things.

Back
Top Bottom