Holster Recommendation for Glock 19

inkdesigner

NES Member
I have a Gen 2 Clock 19 that I've never carried before and I want to check out options to do so, both IWB and OWB. Every place ive been looking state their holsters are for Gen 3-5. Will a Gen 2 actually fit in one advertised for Gen 3-5 only? Also, I'm looking to add a Recovery Tactical GL19 Rail Adapter (GR19L Rail Adapter for the Glock 19 Gen 1 and 2 - GR19L Rail Adapter for the Glock 19 Gen 1 and 2) to my 19 so I can add a weapon light and I'm hoping to find holsters that will accommodate this. Thanks.

I carry OWB in a Don Hume Open Top holster.

Just got it late last year to replace a Bianchi that I was using.

IMG-0995.jpg

I have a Gen 2 Clock 19 that I've never carried before and I want to check out options to do so, both IWB and OWB. Every place ive been looking state their holsters are for Gen 3-5. Will a Gen 2 actually fit in one advertised for Gen 3-5 only? Also, I'm looking to add a Recovery Tactical GL19 Rail Adapter (GR19L Rail Adapter for the Glock 19 Gen 1 and 2 - GR19L Rail Adapter for the Glock 19 Gen 1 and 2) to my 19 so I can add a weapon light and I'm hoping to find holsters that will accommodate this. Thanks.
Safariland or G-Code.

I’ve been having good luck with DSG for inside and outside options. Have 2 for glock and one for a 320.

Generation 2 G19 will fit. I use the IWB CrossBreed SuperTuck with the horsehide option. Often forget my G26 is even there!

If you want to try my Milt Sparks Summer Special II for the G19 you can borrow it and see if you like it. I may never carry mine again after getting a G48 but I like to keep my options open. ;)

ETA: Mine will not fit a gun with a light though.

If you add that rail adapter you'll have a hard time finding a holster that will fit. Otherwise you should be ok

If you want to try my Milt Sparks Summer Special II for the G19 you can borrow it and see if you like it. I may never carry mine again after getting a G48 but I like to keep my options open. ;)

ETA: Mine will not fit a gun with a light though.

I use the SS2 for my P365 during the summer or after I transition into t-shirt only weather. That and the VM2 are great holsters from Milt Sparks.

One thing I've found with the SS2 is their 1.5" belt loops are a bit dicey when it comes to really thick 1.5" belts. Example, it works fine with my Crossbreed belt. It is hit and miss with the snaps on my Hanks Bison Belt. If someone is using a really thick belt, the 1.75" belt loops will work better.

I’ve been using a 508 holster recently for my Gen 5 g19. Don’t remember where I got it but it works well. I’ve just figured out it also holds my Gen 3 Glock 22 so I’ve been carrying that in it with no issues.

Generation 2 G19 will fit. I use the IWB CrossBreed SuperTuck with the horsehide option. Often forget my G26 is even there!

The quality of CH is good, but their holsters are way too thick.

A lot depends on each individuals body, if you are a bigger guy wearing baggy clothes, it doesn't matter. If you are on the skinnier side wearing shirts and pants that fit right, the CH can be an issue.

I think both CH and CompTac offered an awesome holster maybe 7 years ago, but there slare a lot newer companies offering superior products today and neither CH or CompTac seem to have kept up with the competition.

I used to be a huge fan of CompTac, if I was still 220lbs I might still use one.

I’ve lost 35lbs since October and because of that, rarely carried a 1911 this winter. Usually I’ll carry one from October to April and switch back to something smaller and lighter for the warmer months. My hips don’t have the same cushion now that I’ve been sportin’ since I was 21 so the gov’t model started to get more noticeable on the hip especially during the miles-long hikes. The G48 in a WTP holster has been the go-to gun for a while now.

B3B49705-CCB9-4066-AD1D-8930847CC581.jpeg

Go Kydex or kydex/leather hybrid for IWB depending on how/where you plan to on-body carry, and leather pancake for OWB for a little class (BBQ gun) and a kydex drop-leg for when you’re feeling all TEOTWAWKI.

If you’re looking for a rail mod/light combo, you’re gonna have difficulty finding something to accommodate that. You can try contacting 508 Holsters to see if they can custom Mod something for you, but nothing is guaranteed.

Stay away from Blackhawk Serpa and other junk kydex. Personally, I like G-Code for kydex (as someone else stated) and my leather holster is made by Master’s Premium Leather Holsters

Back
Top Bottom