• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holster issue exposed

eboos

NES Member
Since I started shooting USPSA and SC I’ve been using a Bladetech Classic holster on a BSPS Boss hanger and a competition double belt. I ran this setup in Single Stack with my 1911 and in production with my G34. I picked up a Bladetech Signature for IDPA, but since I had to run my first IDPA match with my Gen 5 G17, I learned that the Signature didn’t fit the Gen 5 so I took the Classic off the USPSA rig and added a Techlock clip. It sort of worked, but it wasn’t great.

Finished the Carry Optics rebuild of my G34 and tested it with the signature holster. It was sticky. Tried it in the Classic, better, but not perfect. It was sort of temperamental. The lack of rigidity in the IDPA setup started to show this holster’s weakness. Did a match on Sunday and I was getting really irritated by the holster pulling on the draw and not releasing clean (using NexBelt). Started looking for other options.

Today I just got a Ghost Civilian and 2 Ghost 360 mag pouches (use them on the USPSA rig already). HOLY CRAP! The draw is super clean and fast. No hangups at all.

That’s strange, I’ve been running the BladeTech Classic for over 15 years with no problems across Gen3, 4, and 5 Glocks. I have three of them. The only issue I ever had, was with a Brownells milled slide for gen3. It hung up a little, but I stopped using it a couple years ago.

I like the Comp-Tac holsters a lot better than the Blade Tech in that price range. That said, I have a Blade Tech Classic Signature that I used with a 1911 for a couple of seasons of IDPA with no problems.

These days I run Redhill Tactical holsters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom