Holster Friendly Club

smonte80

NES Member
Are there any clubs that allow you to shoot out of a holster without being in one of their classes/training session?

Thank you

Action pits at Pelham Fish and Game... Just don't shoot inside the holster. ;)

Assuming you mean to ask drawing from the holster and firing. Such as practicing for a competition, or personal defense scenario. In that case, the action pits are where you would do that (at PF&G).

I’m not aware of anything on the North Shore, Harvard Sportsmen’s does, but that would be a hike from the North Shore.

North Shore MA
I'm a member at Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester and I'm 99% sure it's allowed. I've never specifically asked as I usually go there when it's not busy on a Saturday afternoon.

I've done some USPSA/IDPA practice (with my full gear - holster and mag pouches etc) when the club president was there and he never said a word to me. I also see plenty of other members that practice shooting from a holster so I think it's good to go.

I'm a member at Cape Ann Sportsman's Club in Gloucester and I'm 99% sure it's allowed. I've never specifically asked as I usually go there when it's not busy on a Saturday afternoon.

I've done some USPSA/IDPA practice (with my full gear - holster and mag pouches etc) when the club president was there and he never said a word to me. I also see plenty of other members that practice shooting from a holster so I think it's good to go.

I have never been challenged at Cape Ann as well...I try to go off hours.

I have never been challenged at Cape Ann as well...I try to go off hours.
Good to know.

Ya I avoid Sunday's like the plague. Except during the summer when I can go late at like 6pm long after it's open to the public.

When I first read the original post I was really wondering if he was talking about drawing from the holster and shooting from the hip like in the old western movies. I giggled.

Back
Top Bottom