• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holster for Sig P226R with Streamlight TLR-4

Hello,

I am looking for a holster that will be compatible with a Sig P226R adorned with a Streamlight TLR-4. Ideally looking for paddle or something that can be put on quickly under stress.

The only one I have found that is close is the KT Mech Defender OWB holster or the (HR) ULTR chest rig by the same company. The chest rig would certainly do the trick but looks hard to conceal even with an open jacket over it. Thie firearm would not have to be truly concealed... but not in your face obvious would be best.

I know the IMI tac holster will fit a tlr-2 but IDK if it will fit the TLR-4.

Thanks

I only see OWB holsters on his site (doesn't mean he couldn't make one custom). One manufacturer told me they don't sell the combination of flashlight and paddle compatible together because the rivets would normally go where the flashlight is mounted.

I just contacted them and I am awaiting a response regarding the paddle option.

I also contacted blade tech and they said they don't support the TLR-4 and won't for at least another 6 months if ever.

Last edited:
Raven Concealment or maybe Blade Tech.

Bravo concealment will not make paddle holsters.
Im checking on raven concealment.

EDIT: Raven also does not sell them.

Last edited:
Bravo concealment will not make paddle holsters.
Im checking on raven concealment.

EDIT: Raven also does not sell them.

Are you sure? They list "pancake wings" as an option. (I have no idea WTF a "pancake wing" is but it sounds delicious.)

Pancake wings are pictured at this link
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aZOstZ24AjM/UNd7n3cKI6I/AAAAAAAACZ8/LTo4TvY3aeY/s1600/Raven+03.jpg

Just another OWB option it looks like.
sorry Jasons, I hope you haven't already put them on the menu for this Sunday.

The quick mount straps seem like they would make putting an OWB on pants a little faster but still definitely require a belt.

This is for a HD gun for my GF who does not carry regularly so it needs to be brainless and easy to adhere in the dark under stress on clothing that may not have a belt.

I guess so far that chest rig might be my best bet... It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to make a paddle holster for a gun with this setup.

Thanks for all the suggestions and keep coming with ideas if you've got them!

I was on the Comp-tac sight and I found this image... notice where the bolts go through: DELETE.jpg ... right where the light would be. So although there are several companies making holsters for my gun/light combo none of them make a paddle because of where they would normally put that attachments to mount the paddle I would guess.

The Remora is an interesting idea... just to use friction to hold it in... but I'm not sure I would trust that to stay put in any kind of altercation. Maybe I can find one local and check it out in person.

I was on the Comp-tac sight and I found this image... notice where the bolts go through: View attachment 92605 ... right where the light would be. So although there are several companies making holsters for my gun/light combo none of them make a paddle because of where they would normally put that attachments to mount the paddle I would guess.

The Remora is an interesting idea... just to use friction to hold it in... but I'm not sure I would trust that to stay put in any kind of altercation. Maybe I can find one local and check it out in person.

That can be made for a pistol with a mounted light. The tension screws are moved further out.

I know that Gameface Holsters will custom build for the 226R with any light. They are in Chester NH.
Gamefaceholsters.com

Back
Top Bottom