• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holster Exchange

not new guy

NES Member
Have we ever tried to do some sort of holster exchange on here? Maybe post up what you have that you’re not using (either because the gun is gone or you bought 6 to find the right 1) and the taker just covers the shipping? Green members only and the holsters get marked somehow to shame any resellers? I know I have a few orphaned holsters of varying ages and quality that I can and will give away.

Every handgun deserves a holster of some kind, even if it spends its life in a safe.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. There are glove swap groups that exchange mismatched gloves. Why not holsters?

I have three go-to holsters, depending on the activity and a few crappy soft holsters that probably nobody else wants either.

That’s the idea. It doesn’t have to be nice or pretty holsters, or even holsters that anyone would necessarily carry with by choice, i just want to match all those naked pistols out there in people’s collections with something, just in case. I have guns that I’ll probably never carry but never really could if I wanted to anyway - even in a pinch - because I’m too cheap to buy a decent holster.

I’ve read more than one first hand account of living through a modern shtf scenario where the author stresses the importance of having a holster for every pistol and a sling for each rifle.

I'll inventory and post in later this weekend. Pretty sure there are a couple I don't use / don't need.

Maybe do the actual swap at an informal meet up rather than mailing stuff everywhere.

Anyone have a USP compact .45 but no holster? Free Don Hume JIT Slide OWB. Used by a previous owner (came with a gun) but serviceable, I guess. I’ll cover shipping, just call it or send me a PM. Will mark it gone once it’s spoken for.

Attachments

• 616C0622-36EF-491A-B850-249C296F6F41.jpeg
    616C0622-36EF-491A-B850-249C296F6F41.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 11779F7B-EB98-4A24-8C92-C4410C548AE5.jpeg
    11779F7B-EB98-4A24-8C92-C4410C548AE5.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I got a couple I’d let fly for shipping only. Just a waste where they sit now.

Beat up crap should be addressed like mentioned re: sweat saturated fat guys.

Have we ever tried to do some sort of holster exchange on here? Maybe post up what you have that you’re not using (either because the gun is gone or you bought 6 to find the right 1) and the taker just covers the shipping? Green members only and the holsters get marked somehow to shame any resellers? I know I have a few orphaned holsters of varying ages and quality that I can and will give away.

Every handgun deserves a holster of some kind, even if it spends its life in a safe.

I almost built up a website for that actually. Hmmmm. I may still have the domain name ... (I don't need a new project... I don't need a new project... I don't need a new project. )

Fwiw, I was planning on modeling it after the Swappa model with for sale optional. But for accessories allowed as part of the trade process.

The wild card plan was the exchange options. Trades were going to be tough to track and sort. I think I know how I'd build the store (simple lamdba front end over dynamodb through an API.)

I tried setting up a swap shop at my local club, guys bring in a box of old holsters, mags accessories that they don't need anymore and let the horse trading begin. Everyone loved the idea until it came time to actually do it and then it, of course, fizzled out. If someone did it at a club in my area I'd definitely be in.

OP, your proposal sounds like a karma giveaway unless I misread it. the only difference is you want the new owner to pay shipping. just put in the accessories classified section with the price being the cost of shipping. I dunno, just throwing it out there.

I want to match all the holsterless pistols out there with the unused and unwanted holsters many of us having sitting in a box or bag somewhere. I guess it is like a group karma sort of - a karma orgy? If it belongs in that sub forum then we can move it. No problem on my end.

Here’s another that’s free for the taking. A Hunter 1100G7, that came with an early 70s Colt Detective Special I picked up. Thumb break OWB for a righty. It looks as unused as the Colt was. Should fit any similar framed revolver. Free and shipping is on me. Same for the cheap-o Allen holster also pictured.

We’ll see if this thread makes it to p2. [smile]

Attachments

• 1DECCC4A-DC3E-4C16-AC40-ED9D27A52FBD.jpeg
    1DECCC4A-DC3E-4C16-AC40-ED9D27A52FBD.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • CE791397-4041-414A-BE18-DAD3FE79215D.jpeg
    CE791397-4041-414A-BE18-DAD3FE79215D.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 45BAACE2-718B-4B0D-A929-47B239E240A5.jpeg
    45BAACE2-718B-4B0D-A929-47B239E240A5.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 7247CE81-E171-4CA0-A7B3-98415C40D260.jpeg
    7247CE81-E171-4CA0-A7B3-98415C40D260.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
And it doesn’t have to be karma, it can obviously be a proper swap or sale. I’ve got too many USP 45 compact holsters, including an unworn Galco KingTuk (KT428B). I need a holster for a full sized USP 45. Would trade...

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. There are glove swap groups that exchange mismatched gloves. Why not holsters?

I have three go-to holsters, depending on the activity and a few crappy soft holsters that probably nobody else wants either.

Gloves?? How about socks. One could make a million charging an entrance fee to a sock exchange program so that your lost left sock can be matched up with my lost right one and such. ;)

As far as resellers, I hadn't thought of someone doing that. There's always someone. A couple of guys in the higher-end knife world will badger a seller to discount heavily only to toss it on Ebay later. Just total d-bags.

BUT. . . . I've gotta get my holsters together and put them up in the Members section. I've got too many I don't want at this point. First I have to figure out for which gun they are. LOL

Back
Top Bottom