Holosun SCS

Is anyone using one? Thoughts/likes/dislikes?? Post some pics of them mounted to your gun. I’m thinking of getting one for G40 MOS in 10mm

While not the SCS, at steel challenge, 99% of the optics I see are:

C-MORE (excellent)
HOLOSUN (mainly on PCC and rinfire rifles)

They seem to work.

Today I saw my first Holosun green dot, it looked amazing. It wasn't sunny, but it was fairly bright. Very easy to acquire the dot with the rifle, picked it up for the first time and it was there, didn't have to adjust.

I recommend you ask the PCC and RFR crowd shooting steel challenge, since they practice a lot with those sights.

But, if you can go with a C-MORE ... DO IT.
I have TWO C-More RTS2; one in a Buckmark and one in a 460 revolver. No issues, Love them.

Last edited:
No because I don't want to directly fund the R&D division of china's military.
It's almost cyber Monday, buy an RMR for 50 dollars more.
I agree with you on principal, but the SCS doesn't need batteries or suppressor height sights; ergo the presentation is more traditional.

I've yet to make the transition to PMOs, but I'd like to see a domestic manufacturer follow suit with those features.

It's almost cyber Monday, buy an RMR for 50 dollars more.

Holosun seems to have the edge in the micro optic world at the moment, if only because the rmr cc is so stupid.

Eta: I have several RMRs and really wanted to get a cc for a new compact gun but the Holosun seemed to beat it in everything except country of manufacture so I gave a 407k a shot for $200. It impressed me enough that I now have a 507k with the green reticle on the way.

Last edited:
I have a few RMR’s and a RMRcc on different pistols. I will be ordering one of the Holosun SCS for my Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS tomorrow. I would prefer red, but it seems like the green are available and red never came to market. The SCS is going to allow me to run standard height sights on the MOS platform, otherwise I’d do another RMR.

Not everything out of China is "junk". Nice that someone linked my thread baby. Holosun and streamlight most gun owners are happy with... All but the most elite operators who only roll Trijicon/Surefire

Not everything out of China is "junk". Nice that someone linked my thread baby. Holosun and streamlight most gun owners are happy with... All but the most elite operators who only roll Trijicon/Surefire
It has nothing to do with being elite anything. Holosun literally made their bones ripping off American patents and selling their products to American consumers to fund the Chinese military R&D. That is enough to make me go elsewhere. Cool that they made enough seed money and hired a few American consultants to tell them what consumers here would be into while whoring it out, hopefully they don't eventually get used against us on our soil.

There are plenty of American companies making their products in China with cheap slave labor that I would buy before I considered Holosun.

I agree with you on principal, but the SCS doesn't need batteries or suppressor height sights; ergo the presentation is more traditional.

I've yet to make the transition to PMOs, but I'd like to see a domestic manufacturer follow suit with those features.
Does that really work?

How long are sights exposed to sun?

I wouldn't trust solar charging only.

Does that really work?

I've had mine for about 3 months now. Carry daily and works fine. Shot two SC matches with it, and the green works great in the sun at all angles. When it is not on me, it is in the safe. Never had the sight not light up.

Does that really work?

my g34 is in the dark safe for - well, since september 21st - now, the scs still lights up when i take it out, so, seems to work. no clue how long it will keep the light going, but so far it works.
i kinda like its form factor. would be nice if they would make rmr mount compatible ones in the same low shape.

my g34 is in the dark safe for - well, since september 21st - now, the scs still lights up when i take it out, so, seems to work. no clue how long it will keep the light going, but so far it works.
i kinda like its form factor. would be nice if they would make rmr mount compatible ones in the same low shape.
According to HS it takes ~1 week to get a full charge, and lasts 20,000 hours. It would charge faster, but it’s rate limited since slow charging is better for batteries.

In practice it should get way more than enough charge from being left on the counter while you take a shower, etc

I’m guessing these will be good for 15-20 years, which is about how long a solar G-Shock is supposed to be good for before the battery just dies of old age.

I ordered one but still waiting for it to ship.

Does that really work?

This SCS intrigues me. The super low profile of it, not needing suppressor height sights to co-witness is pretty cool. As for it being solar powered--I believe the logistics are there for this being real and usable. Think about it: A CR2032 is only 235mAh, and can last years in some red dots. You wouldn't even need half that if the battery could passively charge now and then, so the battery must be tiny inside one of these. Which makes sense on it being so low profile.

This SCS intrigues me. The super low profile of it, not needing suppressor height sights to co-witness is pretty cool. As for it being solar powered--I believe the logistics are there for this being real and usable. Think about it: A CR2032 is only 235mAh, and can last years in some red dots. You wouldn't even need half that if the battery could passively charge now and then, so the battery must be tiny inside one of these. Which makes sense on it being so low profile.
Good point.

I’ve had the SCS for a few months. I love the low profile and lack of batteries to deal with. Sits in the dark 99% of the time and dot still lights up. I wish they made the SCS for every gun. Despite the reputation for Chinese made products, China’s manufacturing is quite good.

Check out the documentary American Factory.

I just ordered mine, should be delivered tomorrow. This is my first red dot (well, green) for a pistol (G45 for EDC). I thought that Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics did a pretty solid review on it. I figured for my first one I didn't want to spend RMR type $$ because what if I don't like it or this dog has a hard time learning new tricks? I was able to get it just slightly over $300 on a Black Friday sale. Yes, I have issues with it being made in China, but I'll make up for it by buying something else made in the USA. I will let you know how I do with it.

I just ordered mine, should be delivered tomorrow. This is my first red dot (well, green) for a pistol (G45 for EDC). I thought that Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics did a pretty solid review on it. I figured for my first one I didn't want to spend RMR type $$ because what if I don't like it or this dog has a hard time learning new tricks? I was able to get it just slightly over $300 on a Black Friday sale. Yes, I have issues with it being made in China, but I'll make up for it by buying something else made in the USA. I will let you know how I do with it.
Where did you find it for that price? I ordered from Optics Planet for 12% off, so $308 plus tax.

Where did you find it for that price? I ordered from Optics Planet for 12% off, so $308 plus tax.
Same, plus I had some points from the last time I bought something there.

Unfortunately they pushed the shipping date out to December 12th, so clearly they didn’t actually have it in stock.

I really enjoy my SCS on a G19 Gen 5 MOS. Once I left it in the safe for a month and it lit right up when I took it out.

Last edited:
I got a ship notice today, due to arrive Monday.
Just checked, I did too. They must have gotten a fresh batch in.

Would be real nice if they had shipped it 2 weeks ago instead of pretending they had it in stock when they really didnt, but at least it was a good price.

Back
Top Bottom