• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holliston man accused of collecting weapons, threatening attacks on Muslims, Obama

http://www.wcvb.com/news/holliston-...threatening-attacks-on-muslims-obama/41419096

HOLLISTON, Mass. —A Holliston man arrested over the weekend is accused of collecting weapons and threatening multiple attacks, including an attack on a mosque and an assassination of President Barack Obama.

Joseph Garguilo, 40, is charged with being a prohibited person in possession of ammunition, according to United States Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz's office. He was arrested Saturday morning and is scheduled to appear in federal court in Boston at 2:30 p.m.

He allegedly had acquired parts to assemble an AR-15 rifle and collected stun guns, mace guns, hunting knives and thermite. The FBI also said he was stockpiling food and water as part of his plan.

it was almost go-time for this guy.

his gun stash must not have been that impressive, otherwise there'd be a display for the cameras.

still, it's early.

I always find it interesting when they throw in "hunting knives". Guy was probably a hunter and had a bunch around the house. Cops show up...it becomes a stockpile.

How does one "collect" thermite, are folks just tossing the stuff out their car windows on the way to work like empty bottles and cigarette butts? It's not like I can go down the street to Ace and pick up a few pounds of the stuff(at least I didn't notice any the last time I was there).

How does one "collect" thermite, are folks just tossing the stuff out their car windows on the way to work like empty bottles and cigarette butts? It's not like I can go down the street to Ace and pick up a few pounds of the stuff(at least I didn't notice any the last time I was there).

Thermite is just iron oxide (rust) and aluminum powder, so I guess this guy was hanging out at scrap heaps, scraping rust with a razor blade ... [laugh] that plus supply of aluminum foil should get you into constructive possession range [rofl]

Yeah thank God they caught him.... Sounds like he was seconds away from a brilliant plan being ready to execute.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

"An acquaintance of Garguilo’s believed he was 'about to snap,'" the DOJ said.

when someone you know drops a dime on you, you might as well be.

Thermite is just iron oxide (rust) and aluminum powder, so I guess this guy was hanging out at scrap heaps, scraping rust with a razor blade ... [laugh] that plus supply of aluminum foil should get you into constructive possession range [rofl]

And this, kids, is why we don't use dad's bench grinder to make arrow points out of aluminum stock... My dad about sht a brick when he found me doing that at the tender age of about 8. 'course he was probably pissed off 'cause he had to re-dress the wheel, and might have been concerned about it flying apart...

This brilliant paragraph probably describes half our workbenches.

He allegedly had acquired parts to assemble AR-15 rifles and collected stun guns, mace guns, hunting knives and thermite. The FBI also said he was stockpiling food and water as part of his plan.

This brilliant paragraph probably describes half our workbenches.

He allegedly had acquired parts to assemble AR-15 rifles and collected stun guns, mace guns, hunting knives and thermite. The FBI also said he was stockpiling food and water as part of his plan.

Minus the stun gun part, thanks to this stupid state. I wonder if the State is going to go after him once the Feds finish with him.

Stockpiling food and water was part of his plan? Seriously? I hate these stories with the fire of 1000 suns.
Haha yeah I was wondering about that. I guess after he committed the violence he was planning on, he was going to hide at home in Holliston and never venture out to get groceries... because... well I'm not sure either.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

f6696b7a446373d6762253127ff34512.jpg

i read "mace gun" i was hoping for a gun that shoots maces......

they probably meant something like this though, unfortunately...

mace-pepper-gun-9.gif

Just saw the story on ch 5. Sounds like it was a vindictive ex-wife who turned him in.
I wonder what legal parts he had acquired to build an ar15? Did he have a lower? The rest of the parts are just perfectly legal aluminum, steel and plastic.

News said he had no completed firearms.
No mention of a LTC.
And the AR "parts" are described as yes.......Assault weapon.
They also said that household chemicals were the"bomb" making supplies as well as the thermite.[rolleyes]
And WTF is the big deal about stockpiling water and food? Really???

I didn't recall what it was made of, the only reason I made my comment is that during HS we were assigned reports and I drew "terrorism in modern times". During my research in the school library I came across a decent amount of books on the subject which included a few that gave recipes for items that went boom used by the IRA during the troubles as well as others. IIRC the process of combining the bits to make kitchen thermite was a bit unstable, again this was ~30 years ago so my recollection may be a touch fuzzy.

I've gotta say though that was the shortest oral report I've ever given coupled with the fastest point A to point B teacher led excursion to the principals office then onto the library to prove my footnote sources(and the immediate removal of them from the shelves) got some attention from some folks, especially my science/chemistry teacher who it seems got the heads up to watch me like a hawk. It would appear DIY IED manuals being available to HS age boys with too much time on their hands and a sense of curiosity may not be one of the best ideas. [laugh]

I've been extremely skeptical of the Media since at least 1996 when the Authorities framed Richard Jewell - just to close the case easily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Richard Jewell was a hero who discovered a bomb at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics before it went off - saving countless lives.

Then investigators discovered "Bomb-Making Materials" in his back-yard shed - nails and wire.

The "joke" at the time was that Richard was so clever, so devious, that he hid the nails in the wooden beams of his shed, and ran the wires behind the drywall just to conceal them.

Poor bastard's life was pretty much ruined.

Back
Top Bottom