• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holliston Firearms ROCKS!

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
As I posted in another thread, my son's 870 broke. [crying]

Mark Heavner of Holliston Firearms found out, and offered a loan of a gun for him to use at the Mass. State shoot. We stopped in, and Mark handed over a Browning Citori XT Trap...... not some old bolt-action Mossy that has been gathering dust, but a current, top-notch Trapezoid's tool.

Thanks, Mark, you're good people.

my crystal ball sees your son buying a Browning Citori XT Trap gun in the future....

with a good story to tell of his first time he shot one....

I honestly hadn't even heard of this shop before now. I'll have to check it out. Those Trap XTs are SUPER nice!

Mark and Kathy are the best. I spent the morning with him filling the bullet traps with gravel at Holliston Sportsmans club. You will not find a nicer gun shop owner. His shop is small, but service is top notch. He has been able to get me plenty of hard to get Mass legal firearms. If you are not a customer, you should be.

kyle

Very nice people. Put up with me browsing 20 times before I ever bought something, and he was always friendly.

His prices are usually within 10 bucks of the bigger shops (both higher and lower). He got me the s&w revolver I wanted new for about 100 less than the popular mass dealer.

Fair prices, friendly, and amazing service... very rare for a gun shop.

Just wanted to thank Mark, again, for his generosity with the loaner XT.

My son used it to win trophies at: the Mass State shoot, Bay State Games, and New Hampshire State shoot. And go 200 straight with it.

It may be the Indian, not the Arrow.....but an Indian with out an arrow gets few [STRIKE=undefined]buffalo[/STRIKE] trophies.

Thanks again.

sigh - I can't believe I'm bumping a 9 yr old thread but goddammit I miss having Holliston firearms and Mark Heavner "down the street" from me...
After Mark closed, I really don't have a LGS anymore. Never was a huge fan of the other place in Holliston... who do u guys go to now? Also, anyone hear from Mark? Would love to know how he's doing nowadays

sigh - I can't believe I'm bumping a 9 yr old thread but goddammit I miss having Holliston firearms and Mark Heavner "down the street" from me...
After Mark closed, I really don't have a LGS anymore. Never was a huge fan of the other place in Holliston... who do u guys go to now? Also, anyone hear from Mark? Would love to know how he's doing nowadays
You aren't the only one. Mark was a Metrowest treasure. Many of the best guns in my collection came from Mark's shop. He was the absolute best.

Nearby alternatives? Not very many depending on your particular interests. There is Mass Armament in Bellingham, but they specialize in premium pre-ban stuff that is way outside of my budget. The few things I've found there that interested me were not affordable. A C Arms in Mendon is convenient and good if you just want ammo or to order something in, but quality used guns (my interest) are few and far between... practically nonexistent. First Defense can be good depending on your interests... same with B&K in Natick. Mike's Gun Shop in Whitinsville has never done it for me, but I think they are still good for reloading supplies. There is also Gartman in Wrentham... and, of course, the big box stores.

Bottom line: There is not yet a good replacement for Mark's shop. There may never be. He was kind of unique in a very good way. [thumbsup]

thanks for the recommendations EJFudd. I've been to some of these but you hit the nail on the head:

Bottom line: There is not yet a good replacement for Mark's shop. There may never be. He was kind of unique in a very good way. [thumbsup]

thanks for the recommendations EJFudd. I've been to some of these but you hit the nail on the head:
I suppose I should have mentioned Mass Firearms School given that they are the physically closest alternative shop.

For my interests, I'm finding some of the shops in RI to be more productive despite the added shipping and transfer costs.

You aren't the only one. Mark was a Metrowest treasure. Many of the best guns in my collection came from Mark's shop. He was the absolute best.

Mike's Gun Shop in Whitinsville has never done it for me, but I think they are still good for reloading supplies. There is also Gartman in Wrentham... and, of course, the big box stores.

Mike's closed as he retired. Another gun company bought out the place and should be opening soon. We'll have to see how it is once they've got themselves situation for a month or two.

I also miss Mark and his store. I would stop in there once a week to see what used guns came in on consignment. I purchased a number of guns from him over the years, but unfortunately not enough to keep him in business.

Tony at AC Arms if pretty good for anything you might want to find but his shop is real small and his stock is small as well. As to First Defense, Dennis is a great guy and they have a good amount of inventory. It's pretty good, but not as good as Mark's old place.

Haven't heard a word about Mark since he closed. He still owns the building and the gun store space is still empty.

I bought a few from Mark over the years too. I miss his place, hopefully someone similar will move in

Back
Top Bottom