• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holliston Firearms ROCKS!

Mike's closed as he retired. Another gun company bought out the place and should be opening soon. We'll have to see how it is once they've got themselves situation for a month or two.

I also miss Mark and his store. I would stop in there once a week to see what used guns came in on consignment. I purchased a number of guns from him over the years, but unfortunately not enough to keep him in business.

Tony at AC Arms if pretty good for anything you might want to find but his shop is real small and his stock is small as well. As to First Defense, Dennis is a great guy and they have a good amount of inventory. It's pretty good, but not as good as Mark's old place.

Haven't heard a word about Mark since he closed. He still owns the building and the gun store space is still empty.
Interesting about Mikes. I saw the "Permanently Closed" tag on their FacePlant site, but I thought it was just FacePlant playing games since Mike's had been dissed by Zuck and his minions earlier. Mike Jr. never ran that place as well as his dad did and even Mike Sr. didn't exactly run the world's greatest shop. I lost all faith in the guy (Mike Sr.) after a serious "screw you" moment. Any new owner has got to be an improvement.

The most interesting thing about Mark's shop for me isn't the number of great guns I bought there. Rather, it's the (nearly equal) number of great guns that got away. I look back now with a lot of regret that I didn't have the foresight or sufficient spare money at the time to jump at more of the excellent used guns he offered me. Perhaps you ended up with some of them. [laugh] I know you can't buy them all, but I left way too many good ones that I should have bought. Looking back now, it kinda sucks that I didn't do better. [thinking]

Last edited:
Interesting about Mikes. I saw the "Permanently Closed" tag on their FacePlant site, but I thought it was just FacePlant playing games since Mike's had been dissed by Zuck and his minions earlier. Mike Jr. never ran that place as well as his dad did and even Mike Sr. didn't exactly run the world's greatest shop. I lost all faith in the guy (Mike Sr.) after a serious "screw you" moment. Any new owner has got to be an improvement.

The most interesting thing about Mark's shop for me isn't the number of great guns I bought there. Rather, it's the (nearly equal) number of great guns that got away. I look back now with a lot of regret that I didn't have the foresight or sufficient spare money at the time to jump at more of the excellent used guns he offered me. Perhaps you ended up with some of them. [laugh] I know you can't buy them all, but I left way too many good ones that I should have bought. Looking back now, it kinda sucks that I didn't do better. [thinking]

I liked Mike's location when it used to be Zenks. I would go in there just to haggle with the guy. He loved to haggle and I'm OK at it as well. Bought a few guns there for pricing I felt good about.

I remember one time at Mark's place that I was looking at a UTAS shotgun and he started filling in the paperwork before I'd even say I was going to buy it. Guess he knew me better then I knew myself as I did walk out with that shotgun. Even if I didn't find anything I would always end up shooting the bull for at least an hour or more.

Back
Top Bottom