• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holding Tyrants in check

We do not have a Second Amendment to protect hunting rifles and shotguns. We do not have a Second Amendment to enable our personal self defense.

The Second Amendment was added to the Constitution after founders expressed, during the constitutional ratification process, fears of a Congress that would have the means to trample and subvert the will and the rights of the people.

Patrick Henry, in 1788, was among those expressing such sentiment:

"Your militia is given up to Congress, also, in another part of this plan; they will therefore act as they think proper; all power will be in their own possession. You can not force them to receive their punishment: of what service would militia be to you, when, most probably, you will not have a single musket in the State? For, as arms are to be provided by Congress, they may or may not furnish them," said Henry in a speech before the Virginia convention held to ratify the Constitution.

PatrickHenry.jpg

If you read all of Patrick Henry's writings on the constitution you will find he was extremely prophetic in declaring what would happen.

If the antis were smart they'd go at it from this angle, and try to ban handguns as unnecessary for defending against tryanny. But they arent smart.

If the antis were smart they'd go at it from this angle, and try to ban handguns as unnecessary for defending against tryanny. But they arent smart.

Regarding handguns being unnecessary , I disagree.
Regarding antis being dumb, again, I disagree.
These people are zealots, not idiots.

Regarding handguns being unnecessary , I disagree.
Regarding antis being dumb, again, I disagree.
These people are zealots, not idiots.

Wrong. They are idiots. They have zero ability to look at the big picture. They have their own narrow-minded goals and have ideas about how to attain them, but have no ability to visualize the true future they are trying to achieve.

Wrong. They are idiots. They have zero ability to look at the big picture. They have their own narrow-minded goals and have ideas about how to attain them, but have no ability to visualize the true future they are trying to achieve.

The true future they are trying to achieve has happened and failed several times over. They also watch movies and read books in school about their flawed view but think just being a 1st world society gives them immunity to corruption and evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they're so stupid, how did we get here?
If they were so stupid, wouldn't I be able to run down to the hardware store and pick up a full auto whatever?
The anti next door may be clueless, but the ones at the top, not so much.

Excellent post. This is excellent knowledge to arm us in the debate. Antis always try and hang their hat the first part of 2A, while forgetting the second part:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quotes like this from the Founding Fathers of the Constitution show that their idea of a "Militia" is not a standing army controlled by the state as the antis oft claim.

Tenche Coxe:

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.” – Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/rkba/ff_militia.htm

Back
Top Bottom