Holding period for buying a hand gun in Mass

Hey guys,

I thinking about buying a hand gun this week. It will be my first one, a walther pk380. But I was wondering if they still put a hold on it when you buy it?

Thanks,
Nick

Hey guys,

I thinking about buying a hand gun this week. It will be my first one, a walther pk380. But I was wondering if they still put a hold on it when you buy it?

Thanks,
Nick

Are you talking about a mandatory waiting period? If so, MA does not have such a requirement. If you're talking about calling the shop to have them reserve the gun until you have the time to drive out and buy it, that's up to each individual shop owner.

They don't unless you get a NICS delay, which is unusual. If you have an LTC, it's pretty much cash and carry as long as you fill out the forms correctly and pass
the checks.

-Mike

Read the threads eddiecoyle posted.I had one and got rid of it. It was a jamomatic not a good quality gun I just think you can get a lot better gun for the price even if you get a used gun IMHO

Last edited:
Read the threads eddiecoyle posted.I had one and got rid of it. It was a jamomatic not a good quality gun I just think you can get a lot better gun for the price even if you get a used gun IMHO
The other one I was thinking about was a Glock 22 from 4 seasons.

I want a gun that my wife will enjoy shooting. She has shot a beretta 92 in a 40 s&w and didnt have an issue with the recoil. But the gun was too heavy for her. She was a champ though, went through 3 clips.

I would rather have a 45 but I don't think she would shoot it.
Thanks for the advice.

Nick

I want a gun that my wife will enjoy shooting. She has shot a beretta 92 in a 40 s&w and didnt have an issue with the recoil. But the gun was too heavy for her. She was a champ though, went through 3 clips.

I would rather have a 45 but I don't think she would shoot it.
Thanks for the advice.

Nick

The lighter Glock may have more recoil than the Beretta. While it shouldn't be a problem for her, it might be worth shooting one first before buying it. You might also want to look into the Glock 19 or the S&W M&P (in 9 or .40). 9mm will have less recoil, and will be cheaper to shoot (allowing you to save more for that .45 later on [wink]).

Most guns in .380 will be small and light, but much snappier and less comfortable to shoot. Ammo is a bear to find, recently, too.

Good luck with whatever you get!

I'm just going to give up all together on a glock. Not accurate enough. I'll build a 1911 like I have wanted to for years. I dont know how much my wife will like it though, LOL.

Nick

The Glock 22 will likely have significant felt recoil. In addition, it has a very large grip circumference. If her hands are small, she'll have a hard time comfortably reaching the trigger.

If her hands are small, consider a single stack gun (e.g., Sig P239) or a gun with interchangeable backstraps (e.g., S&W M&P).

I'm just going to give up all together on a glock. Not accurate enough.

Unless you're shooting NRA bullseye/europistol, it's probably actually more than accurate enough. . [grin]

The trouble is that some people cannot master the Glock trigger... and 1911 triggers can be made so good it's almost like cheating...

-Mike

Unless you're shooting NRA bullseye/europistol, it's probably actually more than accurate enough. . [grin]

The trouble is that some people cannot master the Glock trigger... and 1911 triggers can be made so good it's almost like cheating...

-Mike

Well I do want to start doing pistol shooting compitition. I love shooting pistol.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom