• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook Sportsmen's Club May 2nd & 3rd

Holbrook Sportsmen's Club annual Sportsmen's ( gun ) Show will be the weekend of May 2nd & 3rd

doors are open Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 8-3.

the flyer is attached below, Address is 150 Quincy Street Holbrook, MA

We have over 70 tables booked for the show, and as always the kitchen will be open..!!!

The Door/raffle Gun(s) this year are:
S&W M&P Shield ( 9mm ) as well as a Remington 870( 12 gauge ) shotgun. sort of a personal and home defense package raffle prize..!!!

hope to see everyone at the Show.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zxD7bYKaujHzxqv49at_OODI_c3-blc3daO8xVvWeJI/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I still go. Since they opened up the 2nd building its better IMO. The ones they had at the Knights of Columbus hall were pretty bad. I'm glad its back at the Holbrook club.

I still go. Since they opened up the 2nd building its better IMO. The ones they had at the Knights of Columbus hall were pretty bad. I'm glad its back at the Holbrook club.

I only went to one at the K of C and it was just okay. I think it's important to keep in mind that it's a Sportsmen's show, not a gun show. There's a lot of non gun stuff there. Which, if you're interested in is pretty good. Mostly I'm not, so it's of less interest to me.

Thanks for the updates. I was considering going on Sunday. As I work until 6am I would be going right after my shift. Doesn't sound like it's worth the trip. If they would drop the door charge I think they would have plenty of people coming. Not worth paying just to browse, can do that on the internet.

As for the Plymouth show, first and last visit for me. Someone know of a good show? I'm thinking maybe in NH?!

Give me a break to expensive it's 9 bucks with the flyer.

Door Prize Raffle is a Combo Pack.
An 870 Pump Shotgun with an MP Shield 9mm.

Big crowd around noon there
Other than raffle tickets for door prize, November gun Raffle, and Outer limits handgun raffle, didn't buy anything. But the food smelled good

The one guy selling dated refurb prebans didn't take plastic, the one purchase I wasn't grimacing over the price didn't happen because I don't carry cash.

What happened to the days when dealers would make deals at shows? Why would I pay $10 to go look at full priced stuff? I'll just drive to the shop and keep my admission.

A lot of the small dealers usually do not take plastic. I do know that a lot of them will take a check and that is because they are better protected with a check. If someone bounces a check they can turn ATF on them for theft of a firearm. Deals at the show seem to have gone away. I do find better deals at local gun shops, but the shows usually have hard to find items. Its a double edged sword and you just have to keep trying.

The Marlboro show seems to be a "giant mark up on prices" show. If they are not careful, it will go the way of the Springfield show which is dieing a slow death. Every year it gets smaller and less attendance, that was once a show I would not miss, now I have not gone in almost 2 years.

I did pick up a nice S&W K-22 Target Revolver at Holbrook. I traded a Henry Rifle in 22 cal. plus $100 for it. When I researched the serial number it turns out to have been made in 1948 which makes it a pre-17 4 screw model and bumps up the value about another $100 and it is in excellent condition. Still enjoyed the day. I am sure some of you remember the old club shows , like Danvers, Woburn etc.. things are changing.

Back
Top Bottom