• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook Sportsmen's Club Gunshow this weekend

icyclefar

NES Member
If you are local it worth the trip over.

M&M re-loaders is usually there, and with the price of ammo lately, his stuff is a pretty good deal.

Info as follows:

http://www.holbrooksportsmensclub.org

Holbrook Sportsmen's Club Gunshow

November 17 and 18, 2007

Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Sunday: 8:00am -3:00pm

New, Used and Antique Guns, Ammunition, Accessories, parts, & items of interest.

Admission: $6.00, children under 12 are free.

Located at the Holbrook Sportsmen's Club in Holbrook, Massachusetts on Quincy st. just off route 37

I was there today and saw icyclefar. Also saw some verrrrrry crazy prices on some rifles and two rifles priced well but I didn't have enough cash with me.
I don't know why I go to gun shows with no money. Its like a fat guy walking into a buffet while wearing a muzzle.[thinking]

The only thing that caught my eye was a Colt Anaconda on Waynes table for $775. It was very tempting but like Milsurpa4Me, not enough cash right now.

I'm about an hour away is it worth the drive? I'm not really looking for much at this time except maybe a tactical light or two, some ar-15 lower receivers, perhaps some 223, 30-06, or 40cal ammo?

I was there today and saw icyclefar. Also saw some verrrrrry crazy prices on some rifles and two rifles priced well but I didn't have enough cash with me.
I don't know why I go to gun shows with no money. Its like a fat guy walking into a buffet while wearing a muzzle.[thinking]

I was there, but I missed you. We need to work out a secret handshake or something! [wink] Actually, I just need to buy a NES hat, I guess.

Like you, I thought that a lot of stuff was overpriced. I saw a couple of 91/59s for over $300.00. Ammo was very high, and not just because ammo prices are high. The only thing that really interested me was a sporterized SMLE No 4, Mk1, but it didn't interest me enough.

Fewer tables than last time around, with a couple of people apparently not showing up.

Still a fun show to go to if you aren't too far away.

I was there as well. Bought two cans of OC/CS combo (Sabre's nasty stuff).

Saw some interesting stuff, some decent (and some not so decent) ammo prices. M&M was there. Saw some small ammo cans for reasonable money.

I'm about an hour away is it worth the drive? I'm not really looking for much at this time except maybe a tactical light or two, some ar-15 lower receivers, perhaps some 223, 30-06, or 40cal ammo?

I saw a dealer table right when you walk in that had a bunch of tactical lights and yes there was a decent amount of ammo there. Not sure on AR lowers though.
Keep in mind it is a gun club and you can walk in and out and have seen it all within 20 minutes.

I saw a dealer table right when you walk in that had a bunch of tactical lights and yes there was a decent amount of ammo there. Not sure on AR lowers though.
Keep in mind it is a gun club and you can walk in and out and have seen it all within 20 minutes.

That dealer was Liotec, an NES Dealer!! Nice guy and if I didn't already own a boatload of high-intensity lights, I would have bought some from him.

How were those ZHA tables !!!!! We didn't get to go because of time constraints and not enough employees this weekend.
Jim ended up in NH at an auction and I watched the shop, business was brisk today. I always like to go to gun shows! 2bad!

How were those ZHA tables !!!!! We didn't get to go because of time constraints and not enough employees this weekend.
Jim ended up in NH at an auction and I watched the shop, business was brisk today. I always like to go to gun shows! 2bad!

LOL! I wasn't going to mention any names. They moved some other guys (had a lot of swords) down onto your tables so that they wouldn't look empty. Too bad you weren't there because they had two, or was it three, tables reserved for you.

Gary

does anyone know who the dealer is that had the little phoenix raven .25? I'm trying to find him to make an offer for it and I know he's based out of Rockland?

LOL! I wasn't going to mention any names. They moved some other guys (had a lot of swords) down onto your tables so that they wouldn't look empty. Too bad you weren't there because they had two, or was it three, tables reserved for you.

Gary

So thats why the crap tables (no gambling reference intended) seemed as big as a standard Marlboro or Big E display.
I always like checking out the Holbrook show but when there are tables completely devoted to cheap HSN style pakistani swords and knives, not to mention coin collecting [rolleyes] it gives me little hope for shows.

I went on Saturday just because I was in the area. It wasn't as busy as last year as I got a spot in the lot, which is always a good thing. I'm not sure of the vendors name, but the guy selling ammo and guns in the second downstairs range right against the back stop must of been out of his mind. (Not the guy with the glass cases) His stuff was so overpriced I would be surprised if he sold even one gun. He had a few handguns that were at least $200 overpriced.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Star PD 45, which was in pretty good shape. The guy wanted $300, but the slide stop didn't automatically lock back with an empty mag, so I passed. The first vendor as you walk in the door had a very nice looking H&R Excell Autoloading 12 Gauge w/ 28" vented bbl and 4 choke tubes for $350. I had my laptop in the car and went online to check on whether these were good or not, but couldn't find a whole lot on them so I passed. I left without buying one thing. Not from lack of wanting to though.

I went to the show today and bought a nice S&W Model 34 for $275 from Stoney Acre Sports, the first table you hit when you come in the door.

I mostly look for old S&W pistols, and saw a great selection today, but all with pretty high prices. I almost bit at the S&W Model 19-4, 2 1/2", Blue ANIB for $750, but managed to keep my plastic in my wallet.

Saw some old friends and made some new ones. Had a lot of fun, glad I went.

Glad 50BMG called me and got me out of bed early today telling me there was a Model 34 for sale... my favorite collectors piece.

Bill

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting some of the forum members at the show this weekend. I have learned much from the seasoned hunters at the few shows I have done. LenS I appreciate the kind words! I hope to meet more of you in Springfield.

Thanks!
John@Liotec
WOLF-EYES Tactical lights

John, I saw you laughing while 50BMG read me the directions to the deer rectum remover LOL. I had the Vietnam Veteran cap on. I was wretching as he read it.

You had some nice stuff there, I hope to be able to get a good light or two from you soon.

Bill

Last edited:
John, I saw you laughing while 50BMG read me the directions to the deer rectum remover LOL. I had the Vietnam Veteran cap on. I was wretching as he read it.

You had some nice stuff there, I hope to be able to get a good light or two from you soon.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
That was funny. I got a kick out of all the comments people were making as they walked by it.

Regards
John

does anyone know who the dealer is that had the little phoenix raven .25? I'm trying to find him to make an offer for it and I know he's based out of Rockland?
Was his name Skip or Carter? I've got his business card someplace with his number. I'll see if I can find it later. He does alot of work on 1911's.

Maybe skip because I saw the name was P+S Weapons?QUOTE=ArmedMainer;342479]Was his name Skip or Carter? I've got his business card someplace with his number. I'll see if I can find it later. He does alot of work on 1911's.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If anyone can remember, I had someone mentioned they saw a dealer with a Walther P99AS. If anyone remembered could you please let me know? Thanks!! :)

Does anyone know if those Liotec Wolf Eyes flashlights are still available? I knew someone who bought one through here and just wondering if they're still being sold. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom