• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook Sportsmans Club Gun show

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
DONT FORGET THE HOLBROOK SHOW IS ON! ITS A GREAT SHOW AND USUALLY FOLKS FIND A GEM OR TWO. DONT FORGET TO STOP BY AND SAY HI! I be at the Stoney Brook tables.

Holbrook Sportsmans club will be holding their annual gun show on November 15th and 16th. Doors open at 8:30 a..m. It will be held at the club 150 Quincy street Holbrook Ma. Terry Goodie from New Hampshire will be there , Hunters Trading Post, Stoney Acre Sports and many more. I don't have the list with me at the moment.
Also having a gun raffle for a large loop lever gun 16.5 inch barrel chambered in 45 long colt. Also on sale are the 30-30-30 gun raffle tickets. During the month of November a different firearm will be raffled. The tickets are on sale now. Some nice stuff, two HK pistols, 308 Wndham Arms AR to name a few.
Hope to see you all there.
[smile]

Last edited:
I'm going to try to make it, but likely not until afternoon as I have range duty that day at BR&P.

Always an interesting show.

Disappointing show this time around. Fewer dealers, more non firearms (or related) vendors, prices on handguns were very high, even for used guns. Nice people running the show, as always, but I was expecting more for the price of admission.

Very expensive and very low inventory. Gun shows around here suck.

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

Mixed thoughts. I saw new M1As for $14xx at two dealers, that's a very decent price. K-31 for $350 with muzzle cap.

Ammo was laughable at some tables: Aquila .22 HV (good stuff) at $62/brick, Thunderbolt .22 HV (absolute garbage) at $17.95/100 [shocked] (I had trouble a few years ago getting rid of this junk at $1.50/50), 100rds of .45 WWB for $67.50, 100 rds of 9mm WWB for $62.50, etc.

For me it was well worth it, to chat with FRB on some legal issues.

Saw Fred (50BMG), Greg (Precision Armament) both dealers at the show, icyclefar, the MF&G Purser, etc.

All that said, all I spent was the admission price.

Disappointing show this time around. Fewer dealers, more non firearms (or related) vendors, prices on handguns were very high, even for used guns. Nice people running the show, as always, but I was expecting more for the price of admission.

That about sums it up. The guy I went with bought some ammo. Nothing tickled my fancy so I went home empty-handed.

Any kegs of shotgun powders available red or green dot etc?

Not a great deal of powder - One table had some antique tins: 2400 and AL-5 / AL-8. Another table Trailboss in 1lb and 8lb containers, and some IMR. The latter had primers.
No presses, dies, or other reloading gear that I could see.

The club members were very friendly. Very welcoming to prospective new members.
Probably going to apply for membership at their next meeting.

Not a great deal of powder - One table had some antique tins: 2400 and AL-5 / AL-8. Another table Trailboss in 1lb and 8lb containers, and some IMR. The latter had primers.
No presses, dies, or other reloading gear that I could see.

Thanks for the reply I was going to stop in, but I'm only looking for powder.
You saved me a trip and 10 bucks:)

I always like digging through the random stuff he brings and his prices are usually fair or better than average.

Yup, Terry is one of 3 dealers from whom I've purchased guns at gun shows over >35 years. He had a semi beat-up Colt 1911 Series 70 that I got a helluva deal on about 5 years ago.

I thought the show was ok. Seemed to be the usual amount of dealers for this show but I miss the ammo dealer that used to set up in the back room near the wood stove. The only thing I bought was some BBQ sauces from the hot sauce vendor.
AFAIK aside from 2 shows in the west end of the state, this is the last Mass show until Marlboro next January.

I overheard a couple of guys, maybe members, talking about the ammo dealer. They were saying that he was supposed to be there, but didn't show up. I didn't hear a reason.

I thought the show was ok. Seemed to be the usual amount of dealers for this show but I miss the ammo dealer that used to set up in the back room near the wood stove. The only thing I bought was some BBQ sauces from the hot sauce vendor.
AFAIK aside from 2 shows in the west end of the state, this is the last Mass show until Marlboro next January.

Beef Jerky for the boy, hot sauce for me, a shield mag and Uzi mag from PAW (nice guys) and a little over priced rail mount light for the old JBunting. Icyclefar said I had to buy something from every vendor, but the ammo and pistols prices were nuts. Still, enjoyed my first gun show.

Just couldn't find the loop holes...

Back
Top Bottom